Tuk-com, Possible Pirated Goods

Weho

I have been told that Tuk-Com, on Pattaya South road, (Tai???) is apparently known to sell so-called "pirated" dvd/s, cd's, video games, computer software, etc. Naturally, I was most shocked to learn of this apparently illegal activity going on in our peaceful little town of law-abiding drinkers and "johns".

I guess there was even a "raid" a few weeks ago, I suppose to prove to our American masters that Thailand won't stand for such violations of international copyright laws. (Unlike the way they stand for them for illegal drug manufacturers).

Although I do believe in copyright laws, "Hollywood", and the software writers must realize that they make products that can EASILY be duplicated by evil people. And I believe they have calculated into the cost of their movie theater tickets, licensed dvd sales, video games, computer software, cd',s etc., that a certain percentage of "sales" will be fradulent. THUS, we have $17 ticket prices in some movie theaters in Los Angeles and New York, and $600 for some software packages.

They will continue to inflate their prices, to subsidize/counteract all the fraud sales going on at places like TUK-COM. But remember, they HAVE clearly calculted into their prices all the fraud that goes on, so I don't think they are losing anything. Having staffs of attorneys, lobbyists, public relations personnel going around all over the world trying to stop PIRACY is part of their cost of doing business. All tax deductible business expenses too.

And if "Hollywood"/Silcon Valley was really SOOOoooo upset at all this piracy stuff, why do they continue making SO many movies, albums, software, etc.? Why do so many of their workers/actors live in mansions? Seems they are doing just fine to me, even with the so-called "piracy" apparently going on.

And the naughty people buying those mp3 disks, for 100 baht with 10 or 12 record albums on them... well they are just naughty people. No wonder Korean singing "sensation" "Rain" has to charge up to 4,000 baht for seats to his Bangkok concerts... Boo hoo.

Now, I'm off to the fake book sale, and lunch at SIZZLER.