Bromsgrove International School

hotgeekus

trying to find a suitable international school with British curiculum for my 6 year old son for next September.

Had a chance to browse through Bromsgrove's website. Anybody with children attedning this school, any experiences to share or comments ?

Last year I looked for a Matayom school in Khon Kaen area. I was trying many forums and got nearly no responses.

Here is a forum for teachers in Thailand: ajarn.com. Your best hope is a contact to an ex teacher of this school.

I also visted the schools myself and found this helpful. Talk with teachers and parents who get and bring their children to school. A good time is in the evening before school finishes. Many parents wait for their kids. In my experience I got much more informations out of Farang then of Thai parents. Thais tend to be too polite to voice criticism.

An other good time is when they eat lunch. How is the athmosphere, relaxed, friendly or over organized?

I always hoped to find contact to parents who took their kids from a particular school, but never found one.

Wishing you good luck

Thedi

I've met a couple of kids who go to Bromsgrove (offspring of acquaintances) and they certainly displayed the curiousity and other traits that you'd hope would be the result of a good education.

You may want to also consider Ascot International School (formerly Park Place) which is not far from Bromsgrove I believe. My son goes there, and I've been very happy with things.

trying to find a suitable international school with British curiculum for my 6 year old son for next September.

Had a chance to browse through Bromsgrove's website. Anybody with children attedning this school, any experiences to share or comments ?

While I am very happy with our current school, if we changed, Bromsgrove would be high on our list. Wonderful sports facilities and we have been told strong on academics as well.

Ascot follows the British curriculum. The prices are reasonable certainly considering that the teachers are all fully qualified to teach it. The headmaster (he's Australian) is excellent and seems to be steering things in the right direction. The only downside is that the student body is very much Thai or half Thai, which takes away much of the cosmopolitan aspect of attending such a school. On the plus side, I've only ever heard the kids there speaking English together on breaks and after school. This I know to be a problem at many other international schools, where Thai is the lingua franca of the playground.

My son's eight and in grade 3. This is his second year there, but I'm returning to England in a few months, so he won't be continuing. Otherwise, I'd certainly keep him there.

Check out their website if you haven't already.

Dear Old Man River

Where do your children currently study?

St. Andrews just off soi 71. They have several campuses in and around Bangkok, including another popular school on Sathorn. I have been told that the foreign ownership is the same, but the Thai ownerships differs at each location. Many of the owners were originally with Bangkok Pattana.

Besides Bromsgrove, the only other school we would consider if we moved (not planned) would be Bangkok Pattana.