Man Boobs?

cm-happy

Alas, age & gravity are taking its toll!

Developing sloppy man boobs, not overly over eight 6' 175-180 lbs, slight paunch.

Is there any simple excercises that can firm things up? Not really too interested in heavy weight training & do not want to look like Rambo or The Hulk. I bicycle every day but that doesnt do anything for the chest.

Mods if this is the wrong forum, then perhaps more approriate in the Health forum.

Comments, suggestions??

Fortunately, men's chests are made up largely of the pectoris majoris muscle and by exercising this muscle, you can avoid the droop, especially if you keep your weight down.

Try this website: http://www.muscleandstrength.com

It gives you pictoral representations of the body with the appropriate muscle group you are looking to exercise highlighted in red and a list of the various exercises for that muscle group with pictures of a man actually doing them.

Off the top of my head, I would suggest bench presses, flys and incline bench presses.

The web page will tell you all you need to know and how to do it. Its now up to you. Good luck.

Don't expect not to get sore at first and allow six months to get there. Exercise every other day.

Mmmmm mine are a constant embarrasment to me....no tight white t-shirts for me...more baggy black.

I can feel the pectoral muscle underneath my breasts but there is layer of fat on top of them which gives a feminine look.

When I diet its the last fat to go and when I give in to to McDonalds and chocolate its the first place where the fat heads to.

I have considered liposuction but hear its just a temporary fix....buthen then it doesnt help having a rounded chest that has more depth than breadth.

Oh for a shallow and wide chest with taut flat pecs!

~waddles off to buy bra~

It is called Gynecomastia. It can be completely taken care of with a plastic surgeon. Luckily you are in Thailand, where this surgery can be done inexpensively. It is not "fat", but rather more similar tissue to actual female breasts. Working out will not do it. The glandular tissue can only be surgically removed. Why wait? Consult a hospital with a good plastic surgery department. http://www.vejthani.com would be a good hospital to start with. It is where I go.

you may want to get yourself checked out medically. As men age, I do believe there are some hormone shifts/changes that cause men to develop breast material....

Check into that, check into excersize, and yea surgery too

you may want to get yourself checked out medically. As men age, I do believe there are some hormone shifts/changes that cause men to develop breast material....

Yikes! Will I start lactating shortly thereafter, too? :o

(I must admit, there are also visible signs of pregnancy, especially after a few weekend keg parties.)

Edited by toptuan

If you have never excercised before : CN-Happy

THen I would suggest you start with some simple stretching for at least two weeks before you think about weights or even press ups:

This will prepare you chest (PEC) area for more direct exercise to that area, I have seen so many people over the years rush into get the waits then have tendon , ligament, muscle damage. I know I been there.

After the two weeks then start slowly, as was mentioned earlier you will get sore this is caused by a build up of Lactic Acid in the excercised area :

If you would like to give me your History ie age etc in a PM I am Happy to prepare you a training schedule.

In my younger years I did a lot of Bodybuilding and these silly strong man competitions :

Edited by macb

Check into that, check into excersize, and yea surgery too

Inflated estrogen levels caused by many things from naturally declining testosterone levels with age and xenoestrogens like pesticides and plastic toxins leeching into food to more serious medical problems. Can be checked with some blood tests. You don't sound overweight at 6' 180 pounds so you might have gyno.

If your only concerned with appearance then I would suggest sticking with incline bench and incline dumbbells or push ups. You also need to do a comparable amount of back exercises or you will develop muscle imbalances leading to poor posture or injury. You can't spot reduce or muscle shape. Body weight or free weight circuit work well for just "getting in shape." You don't say anything about your age or experience so I won't try to be more specific. As macb mentioned, start slow and progress.

• 3 weeks later...
It is called Gynecomastia. It can be completely taken care of with a plastic surgeon. Luckily you are in Thailand, where this surgery can be done inexpensively. It is not "fat", but rather more similar tissue to actual female breasts. Working out will not do it. The glandular tissue can only be surgically removed. Why wait? Consult a hospital with a good plastic surgery department. http://www.vejthani.com would be a good hospital to start with. It is where I go.

Exactly right. There is no real way to get rid of these without some surgical intervention. When you exercise, lift weights etc, you are only working the underlying muscle tissue, not the tissue that makes "man breasts"

post-29139-1182739813_thumb.jpg