True Money registration won't accept selfie -- new beard to blame?

retiree

I've grown a beard since taking my last passport picture.  When trying to register for the True Money app on Android, I can scan my passport, but can't get past the "take a selfie" page.   Are they trying to match my selfie to the scanned passport pic?  And if so, is there a workaround?

Thanks,

-- Retiree

Wife went to get her new Thai ID (free at the moment)....they initially refused to issue her with the new one because..........."she didn't look any different to the photo in the old one"........?????

Eventually the head honcho had to okay it......weird.

Eventually I was blocked from trying yesterday.  Tried again today and victory is mine! after about 15 tries.   I think there is a perfect distance that puts where my chin would be (if it were visible) at the bottom of the selfie guide circle.

Not home free yet, though.  Halfway through registration it asked: 

Q. what is your job?   

Fair enough.  I chose housewife / house husband / unemployed  from their dropdown list; retired is not an option.  But then it insisted on my company and place of work!  I wrote "retired" and repeated my home address. 

Then ... it wanted another ID.  Options:  pink card, Thai driver's license, yellow house book., none of which I have (or want), so I crossed my fingers and gave it another picture of my passport instead.

No dice.  Failure is mine!  Quick response saying that I had failed to identify myself, please check my documents etc.   Oh well ...  

-- Retiree 

Edited by retiree

It's no great loss unless you spend half your life in 7/11. I dumped mine when they called for secondary ID. I couldn't be bothered with taking the selfies.

I was asked to remove my glasses. How the hell do I take selfies with +6.5 hyperopia and no glasses?

34 minutes ago, retiree said:

Eventually I was blocked from trying yesterday.  Tried again today and victory is mine! after about 15 tries.   I think there is a perfect distance that puts where my chin would be (if it were visible) at the bottom of the selfie guide circle.

Not home free yet, though.  Halfway through registration it asked: 

Q. what is your job?   

Fair enough.  I chose housewife / house husband / unemployed  from their dropdown list; retired is not an option.  But then it insisted on my company and place of work!  I wrote "retired" and repeated my home address. 

Then ... it wanted another ID.  Options:  pink card, Thai driver's license, yellow house book., none of which I have (or want), so I crossed my fingers and gave it another picture of my passport instead.

No dice.  Failure is mine!  Quick response saying that I had failed to identify myself, please check my documents etc.   Oh well ...  

-- Retiree 

This is because of the secondary I.D required- House Book Etc.

If you dont have any one of the Seven Options that are available for this, you will not be permitted to have a True Money Account.

All too much hassle, for me so I kicked TM into touch.

My Passport is good enough for 3 Thai banks to give me accounts ,but not TM.