Falang Friendly Siam Commercial Bank

jaideeguy

Definitely the Tha Pae Road/ Chang Klan branch but I haven't got a managers name. The guy in the office on the right as you approach the counter is probably your first port of call. He speaks good English as do quite a few of the staff in the branch. If it's commercial you will be sent upstairs to the business section.

I have always found them helpful.

By coincidence I was in the Siam Commercial Bank on Tha Phae/Chang klan this morning (first time) and was very impressed with the set up and service. The young lady who I spoke to was very helpful and spoke good English and explained a lot of quite difficult product details very clearly.

She was keen for us to meet her boss, who from what she told me was educated in the US and is keen to help farangs. She gave me the managers business card :- Boonsang Nakdee.

I also bank at SCB at Thapae/Changklan and have experienced excellent service including taking out credit cards although their rules are more in line with debit cards in the Western world. One thing to note is that if you require a safe deposit box just check the availability before committing. I have been waiting 4 months but not in town at present so situation may have improved.