Travel rules and Covid Vaccine Certificate recognition for UK or NHS integration

How do I prove I have been vaccinated when leaving Thailand?

How do I prove I have been vaccinated when  arriving in the UK?
Is the vaccine Yellow book accepted at UK airports?
Is the Mor Prom app accepted?
How do we integrate our vaccine information into the NHS app.
I hope these questions will generate information relevant to many people thinking of traveling.

Edited by The Hammer2021

If you have your Thai Ministry of Health vaccination certificate and your passenger locator form you should be able to board your plane to the UK

Assuming you are a British citizen, plenty of people have posted that on arrival in the UK they go through the E-gates with their passport and are not required to produce any other documents to anyone.

22 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

How do we integrate our vaccine information into the NHS app.

Good luck with that. I can't see anything on the NHS website which suggests that their app registers any vaccines other than those given by the NHS (except for British Overseas Territories, Military and Diplomatic personnel etc). 

The UK guidance clarifies the requirements pretty well when it says:

You must be able to prove that you’ve been fully vaccinated under a vaccination programme with approved proof of certification.

If you were vaccinated in another country or territory, the table below gives examples of what you can use as proof of vaccination.

Vaccine certificates only

If the table below says you can use a ‘Vaccine certificate’ as proof of vaccination, the following rules apply. The vaccine certificate must be issued by a national or state-level public health authority, be in English, French or Spanish, and include as a minimum:

* your forename and surname(s)

* your date of birth

* vaccine brand and manufacturer

* date of vaccination for every dose

* country or territory of vaccination and/or certificate issuer

In respect of arrivals from Thailand it simply states "vaccine certificate", the International Vaccine Certificate isn't mentioned and neither is the App, just the vaccine certificate.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/countries-with-approved-covid-19-vaccination-programmes-and-proof-of-vaccination

On 11/19/2021 at 12:06 PM, Eff1n2ret said:

If you have your Thai Ministry of Health vaccination certificate and your passenger locator form you should be able to board your plane to the UK

Assuming you are a British citizen, plenty of people have posted that on arrival in the UK they go through the E-gates with their passport and are not required to produce any other documents to anyone.

Good luck with that. I can't see anything on the NHS website which suggests that their app registers any vaccines other than those given by the NHS (except for British Overseas Territories, Military and Diplomatic personnel etc). 

Yes there's loads of positive info regarding the vaccines accepted and countries but NOT HOW to present your documentation at the UK airport and WHAT certificate is accepted as proof. This is what I want to know. I know of people delayed at UK airports due to not having acceptable verified paperwork.

On 11/19/2021 at 3:26 PM, theoldgit said:

The UK guidance clarifies the requirements pretty well when it says:

You must be able to prove that you’ve been fully vaccinated under a vaccination programme with approved proof of certification.

If you were vaccinated in another country or territory, the table below gives examples of what you can use as proof of vaccination.

Vaccine certificates only

If the table below says you can use a ‘Vaccine certificate’ as proof of vaccination, the following rules apply. The vaccine certificate must be issued by a national or state-level public health authority, be in English, French or Spanish, and include as a minimum:

* your forename and surname(s)

* your date of birth

* vaccine brand and manufacturer

* date of vaccination for every dose

* country or territory of vaccination and/or certificate issuer

In respect of arrivals from Thailand it simply states "vaccine certificate", the International Vaccine Certificate isn't mentioned and neither is the App, just the vaccine certificate.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/countries-with-approved-covid-19-vaccination-programmes-and-proof-of-vaccination

Thank you very much for your comprehensive, useful answer. I have the certificate I was given after my 2nd jab also and the yellow vaccination book. I have kept a paper trail of appointments and dates and text messages too to underscore the validaty of the certificates. I have Mor prom ready too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2021 at 12:06 PM, Eff1n2ret said:

Is this the green slip that you get from the hospital after vaccination? It has both vaccination dates and serial codes on.

Edited by Steps