Has anyone purchased (not upgraded) Windows 11 in Thailand.

up2you2

4 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

End of support for Windows 10, as announced by Microsoft, is currently 14 October 2025... ????

My beloved Windows 7 Professional and Enterprise Dell Latitude PCs are still alive and kicking.

But unfortunately, after almost 10 years, the software programs are dying a slow death from EOL from many software vendors.

I am about to purchase new Dell Latitude PCs with Windows 10 Pro.

There will be a memorial service and wake when I have to fully retire my trusty faithful reliable Windows 7 software machines. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

@up2you2 when you buy a new computer,  the cost is not Windows 11 (or 10), but the computer and its specifications, I.e. HDD or SDD, chip set, graphic card, screen size etc. All this depends on your usage. But since you still run Windows 7, I assume that you are a low to standard user with no special needs, therefore 15-25K Baht will give you a decent laptop of 14 or 15".

Buy a computer with Windows 10! Make sure, it can later be upgraded to Windows 11 (needs TPM 2.0), if the computer does not say "Windows 11 ready", there is an easy to install App - or an option in the Windows Update settings - to check this, let your seller do this.

Windows 11 is still in its early stages, lot of bugs and still missing some features, and I would not recommend it to a normal user yet. Q1 next year will be ok. Upgrade from Windows 10 to 11 is free and easy.

Just bought a new notebook for 20k. 15", i3 gen 11. On board 4gb RAM with another slot (in which I added 16gb). On board ssd 500gb with slot for another HD (couldn't install the 1tb HD from my old notebook as it is 9mm thick and the space allows only 7mm thickness). 

Upon first boot installation of the os starts and gives you the option to install win10 or win11. I chose win11. I'd say I'm an average user and I'm happy with it. My previous notebook ran win10 and the switch to 11 was easy. Changing from win7 to 10 (or 11) takes more getting used to, but not too difficult. 

The notebook came with office 19 licence for life and the only thing I'm not so happy about is that outlook is not included and I have to use MS MAIL instead. 

The OP can purchase Windows 10 (whichever edition he feels fit, standard (Home) or Pro. Then go to Microsoft website, download the installer to make bootable USB stick with Windows 11 installation media on current computer. Install the Windows 11 from this USB stick onto the new computer, and use the Windows 10 key from the package to activate it.

Windows 10 keys are accepted by Windows 11 (at least as of right now). You don't need to install Windows 10 first and then upgrade. Although if you did go that way, you would get Windows 11 as an update, offered already, but pushed mid-next year. I've been using Windows 11 as part of Insiders for a long while now and find it very stable, although nothing is bug-free, but overall experience has been very good. Note though - I use it on Intel platform with decent amount of memory (9th gen i9 CPU with 64 GB RAM and all SSD setup), and it's snappy, very polished, and stable. I still use Mac for most my tasks (similar config) and find them on par in performance. Not a single blue screen or strange error messages in past 6 months, while taxing it quite heavily. Only issue I've had in the past was my antivirus not liking the new OS, but that was before official release. Works fine now. As such, I would say the OP should enjoy it. Except... except if he's using any pirated software. Anything with any cracks, etc. That'll get instantly disabled.

I never tested ARM-based version. No idea how well that works. Tried Windows 10 ARM in the past and it was pretty awful. Though that was expected for a product that was far from even beta test at that time.

39 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

The notebook came with office 19 licence for life and the only thing I'm not so happy about is that outlook is not included and I have to use MS MAIL instead. 

Outlook is only included into the Professional version of Office 2019. Home and Student versions do not include it. You could however get Outlook separately, but not sure about the pricing of it now. Used to cost more than entire Office 2019 suite.

On 11/20/2021 at 3:27 PM, GrandPapillon said:

you can suspend the "updates" up to 1 month,

just have to remember to do it every months ????

seems to be working fine for the last 6 months ????

Yeah thats what I thought according to the settings (1 month) but it went ahead and updated overnight after only 1 week.

18 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

Yeah thats what I thought according to the settings (1 month) but it went ahead and updated overnight after only 1 week.

did you activated the "insider program" or "beta program" by chance? not sure if it's activated by default, but if it is, that will probably ignore the "update" suspension, so you need to make sure it's de-activated.