How tough is Pattaya to Ban Phe Pier (to Koh Samet) on an Ebike?

Hal65

I think the taxi to Ban Phe pier is 1,000 baht one way. An Ebike could pay for that real quick.

I can run 10 miles but as a cyclist I'm probably amateur level due to different muscles used. Is a trip of that length and terrain doable or considered an advanced route? Google puts the trip at 82 km long. So about 4 hours at 20.5 km/hr

2 hours ago, bbko said:

Why not do some 2 hours trips locally and see how you feel, then bump it up to 3 hours then 4, carrying the same gear you would take as a trip to Koh Samet.

I may not get the bike if a 50 miler is too much. but i see what you mean, the most important feedback is my own body's

• 5 months later...

As stated, should be easy, if you're in good health, and condition.  I've done 100 kms on a pedal bike, mostly level terrain, so on an ebike, it would be easy.  PAS & battery size and you may make on 1 charge.  

Hardest part will be buying an ebike, that has accurate specs ... ????  I converted a Schwinn to an ebike, and 1 battery I have for it, wasn't even close to it's spec, but inexpensive, and I did get what I paid for.   Use it a spare now, to a battery with lower specs, but lasts more than 2x longer ... ????  but also cost twice as much.

Happy riding.