Which immigration office do I need to go to to extend my tourist visa?

Title. I'm staying in a condo in Bang Khae. I want to extend my visa. When I go on grab, it says "Chaeng Watthana Civic Center, and theres building B and building A. Is this the correct place to go? And do I go to building A or B? It's 25-26km so I don't wanna go there to see I've wasted my time. Also, I assume all I need is my tm6 card, passport, and money for the extension and money for my photo + photocopy of passport?

Building B.

TM7 form with picture.

Photocopies of passport pages.

Identity page. Most recent visa.

Entry stamp. TM6. Take along TM30 receipt printout from hotel if you have one. May not be required. 

There is a print photocopy photo page lower level. 

Many folk prepare all the photocopies, photo, etc prior to going to immigration.

Edited by DrJack54

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Building B.

TM7 form with picture.

Entry stamp. TM6. Take along TM30 receipt printout from hotel if you have one. May not be required. 

Many folk prepare all the photocopies, photo, etc prior to going to immigration.

Chaeng Watthana Civic Center is correct? And I'm staying in airbnb, will the information I get from airbnb when I click on "get receipt" be enough? It shows my stay until 28 december. Can I just show them from my phone if asked for proof?

8 hours ago, noodleslayer said:

Chaeng Watthana Civic Center is correct? And I'm staying in airbnb, will the information I get from airbnb when I click on "get receipt" be enough? It shows my stay until 28 december. Can I just show them from my phone if asked for proof?

Immigration will want to see a TM30 report done by the owner or manager of your residence. Some are set up to it them online and you can use a screenshot to the report to prove it was done.

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Building B.

TM7 form with picture.

can you confirm NO insurance is required for a TV extension?  i told no but not by anyone that has actually done it. 

9 hours ago, noodleslayer said:

I'm staying in airbnb, will the information I get from airbnb when I click on "get receipt" be enough?

It's not uncommon that Airbnb owners/managers do not provide a TM30. You can request etc, however depending on numder of days remaining on your your current permit (stamp) you might find it easy to check in (for one night) at a hotel that does TM30 and can give you screenshot of such. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Thjames said:

can you confirm NO insurance is required for a TV extension?  i told no but not by anyone that has actually done it. 

Chill.....it's not required..

On an aside, one reason always good to apply for any extension with at least few days prior to expiry of current permission of stay is that with any curve ball you have "fix it" time.

@Thjames following words from uj. (excluding STV)

"The $50,000 insurance is only required for entry and to get a Thailand pass.

Immigration does not require it for extensions of stay."

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration will want to see a TM30 report done by the owner or manager of your residence. Some are set up to it them online and you can use a screenshot to the report to prove it was done.

How would I get a report done in my situation? My airbnb host is just renting me his room in the condo building. On airbnb I can choose "get a pdf for visa purposes" and it just has my name on it, where I'm staying and how long I'm staying for. Airbnb also has a "get receipt" option which is basically the same thing. Would these work? If not, should I ask my host if he can help me get this tm30 form ? 

I have a 60 day tourist visa that I would like to extend to a 1 Yr 'O' multi-entry retirement visa. Have I got this right?:

/Documents needed: 

TM7 form with picture.

Entry stamp. TM6. Take along TM30 receipt printout from hotel or proof of current residence.

/If this extension is possible, what is the cost?

Thank you for any support.

23 minutes ago, cape said:

I have a 60 day tourist visa that I would like to extend to a 1 Yr 'O' multi-entry retirement visa. Have I got this right?:

No. The TV is not extended. 

You could obtain a non O retirement inside Thailand using money in the bank method.

Covered in several threads.

You obtain the non O and require 800k in Thai bank account on day you apply.

Two months after you have obtained the non O and having maintained the money in the bank (800k) you can obtain 12 month extension.

To make it multi entry you buy a multi reentry permit (3800baht).

Non O 2000baht.

12 month extension 1900baht.

Edited by DrJack54

On 12/3/2021 at 5:01 PM, DrJack54 said:

Building B.

TM7 form with picture.

I'm here now with my friend and your information was correct. He's Dutch passport and on a visa exemption and we were told he needs to go muang thong Tani building. Does this sound correct? Is this because he's Dutch or because he's on visa exemption? Everything at chaengwattana went well for me because I'm on a tourist visa? 

Edited by noodleslayer

24 minutes ago, noodleslayer said:

Does this sound correct? Is this because he's Dutch or because he's on visa exemption?

Folk that entered Thailand visa exempt attend MTT for extension. 

Folk entering with visa obtain extension at CW

Edited by DrJack54