Use of another flight possible then the one detailed in E-Visa system for an OA Visa?

Can one arrive on another flight then the one detailed in the Evisa system? I would use the cheapest flight from neighbouring country, maybe landing at another location BKK instead of HKT or vice versa. 

I am not talking about the Thailand pass.  I am running scared that they close the country again and I flush 600-800€ down the toilet for the flight and hotel.

Thanks!

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Your visa is not tied to using the flight you showed when you applied for OA visa one the e visa site.

Seems utterly random to ask for an inward only flight number for e-visa application. But TIT! I put in a Thai Airways number because they fly the route. But I may well book with a different airline. I understand it for the Thailand Pass where they want to see the ticket too.

2 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Seems utterly random to ask for an inward only flight number for e-visa application. But TIT! I put in a Thai Airways number because they fly the route. But I may well book with a different airline. I understand it for the Thailand Pass where they want to see the ticket too.

It is my understanding that one needs to provide a paid ticket in order to obtain the visa or is an unbooked inbound Flight Number sufficient? Thanks!

I wish I could give you a definitive answer but I can't.  I got an e-visa last month and used the flight that I put on the application form.  However I think for the visa it is not important to use the same flight.  That was the way it was in the past (before covid).  

The Thailand Pass is different.  That needs to be the correct flight and if it were to change you would need to update it or get a new Thailand Pass.

At least this is my understanding.

Edited by AKJeff
  • Like 1

I managed to get to the last page of the evisa system by providing a made up flight number. Apparently no flight documents are demanded by the E-visa system.

Of course I need a real flight number before submitting the application. Did not manage to find one so far. Any Ideas for a website that provides them in advance, thx!