What do the numbers 1-4 on a Honda Dream speedometer mean?

nitayagirl

2 minutes ago, London Lowf said:

Careful that you don't run our of gas!

Yep sure looks like a fuel gauge is nearing empty. The numbers I do believe are for the gear your in...

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yep sure looks like a fuel gauge is nearing empty. The numbers I do believe are for the gear your in...

I was at the gas station last week and my gas "floater" has been stuck for years and the guy did something putting gas in my tank as a big air pocket blew out and gas went everywhere BUT he did finally get my gauge fixed so it registers full now as it was jammed on stg inside since I bought it-yay!

• Haha 1

I used to have a Honda wave 110 and the dial was about the same

on the 4 digits next to it, the light comes on for example on the number 2 when you are in second, on 4 when you are in fourth:

nothing to do with the speed to be reached

Edited by Aforek
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Aforek said:

I used to have a Honda wave 110 and the dial was about the same

on the 4 digits next to it, the light comes on for example on the number 2 when you are in second, on 4 when you are in fourth:

nothing to do with the speed to be reached

Check the meter itself , it aint the lights on the side he is asking , its on the speedometer on the inside . There is a 1 at 30km/h , 2 at 50km/h ...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, kickstart said:

Honda Wave ,when the fuel gauge needle is just on the red still 1,1/2 litres of fuel left ,enough for about 70 km,with careful  riding.

Who rides like an old codger. Guess it is why I ride an Xmax....lol, or drive the family sedan...

Edited by ThailandRyan

3 hours ago, sezze said:

Check the meter itself , it aint the lights on the side he is asking , its on the speedometer on the inside . There is a 1 at 30km/h , 2 at 50km/h ...

you are right, I didn't read correctly . I remember this strange thing, and  never  paid attention to it, completely wrong ; don't know what it means ; we should ask Honda themselves 

14 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Who rides like an old codger. Guess it is why I ride an Xmax....lol, or drive the family sedan...

I do not drive like an old codger ,just a bit slower, and with both hip joints replaced ,been riding bikes for 45 years ,my days of being Barry Sheene are well gone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I've never once seen an Xmax rider who even knows how to sit on a bike - usually they have feet as far forward as possible and arms locked out, invariably with no crash helmet and a backwards baseball cap.

Is that you Ryan? Ever heard of a book called "A Twist of The Wrist"? It will even help you ride a Wave faster (and safer) than any poser on an Xmax!! 

On 12/12/2021 at 9:22 AM, Kinnock said:

Yes - max speed in each gear, but very ambitious speeds.  Same numbers on my Supercub, but I think it would explode before reaching those speeds.

The pink one goes faster than the other colors.

Edited by Damrongsak
  • Haha 2

It's all good but they seem to forgot putting gear 5 for going over 110+ kph....!? Would the engine blow up then.... lol

And before you say Wave can't go any faster than 110, sit couple of heavies on it and go down a steep hill..., it could fly...!  ????

• Haha 1

On 12/12/2021 at 9:22 PM, Kinnock said:

Yes - max speed in each gear, but very ambitious speeds.  Same numbers on my Supercub, but I think it would explode before reaching those speeds.

Does the Wave/Cub have electronic rev limiter,

like CBR &c.?