UK tourist visa financial requirements

Maybe someone here can point me in the right direction. I am in the process of getting a British passport for my son (in Thailand with his mother ) and I would like her to come with him to the UK . I am using a visa service for the passport for my son and have enquired to them for a visa for my son's mother ... Basically they've told me I need to show my bank account to procede with the tourist visa for her or place around 300,000 baht in her account . I would prefer not to show bank statements as this could open up a can of worms with my son's mother and with the UK taxman so by adding money to her account would make more sense to me . 

My question is has anyone had experience in applying for a visa this way or is there another option I don't know about .  TIA 

As she will be applying for a Visit Visa, are you financing the proposed trip?

If you are then you will need to satisfy the decision maker that it is affordable and appropriate for you to do so. 

Whilst you will need to demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to finance her trip, the UKVI doesn't share evidence with the HMRC, but you will need to show the source of the income .

Dumping 300,000 Baht into her Thai bank account is a big no no, I'm surprised that an agent would recommend that she does so, a reputable agent certainly wouldn't, it also seems they have plucked a figure out of the sky.

The most important for her to do is to satisfy the Entry Clearance Officer that she has strong ties to Thailand and that she is likely to return at the conclusion of her short holiday.

• Thanks 1

My son's mother has a 12 year old son from a previous relationship and her own home with some land . The agent has said they could get her a "visit visa" easily with the 300k in her bank along with showing her home/land and her son to come back to . I understand where your coming from with banking 300k being a "no no" but the way I see it is , if I get stroked for the money then the money I pay every month to my son's mother would stop . I think would deter any skullduggery on her part.  Thanks for the advise ????