Gyms In Bangkok

sgunn65

the best pool you will find at any gym or health club in Bangkok is at the Pathumwan Princess Hotel's Olympic Club which is attached to the Rama IV end of the MBK shopping centre building. The pool is 25 meters and 6 lanes on the roof of the building. The membership is about 30,000Bt a year, not cheap, but the best ones always are. The staff are nice, do regular fitness assessments and set programs. Have good equipment in a nice environment (not over-hyped like California Wow), have squash, badminton, tennis courts with a minimal fee. Also have the usual aerobics and class based sessions, even a bicycle workout. The place was never crowded and there are off-peak memberships for use between 9am and 4pm. On top of that it's easy to get to by BTS. Also includes discounted hotel rooms and restaurants. Highly recommended.

Sibeymai:

I am already a lifetime member of California. However I am interested in the cost of using the squash courts in Pathumwan Princess Hotel's Olympic Club. Do you know if it is possible to use these facilities on a pay per play basis.

Thanks in advance.

If you have a family, and enjoy outdoors swimming, the Capital Club on Sukh Soi 24 is a good choice. They also have a fully equipped gym and spa, etc., restaurants. I used to belong to it, but if you're a hard core gym buff, California or others are better. I don't remember the prices.

• 2 weeks later...

Soi Klang Racquet Club (http://www.rqclub.com/) in behind Sukhuvmit 49 - actually on the soi that connects sois 39 and 49. The owner has been renovating the facilities continuously.

Memberships run from 15,000 (I remember when it was 10,000), and less (per person) if you register with several ppl.

2 pools, a 20m and 25m, lots of badminton courts (it is a racquet club), but also has a decent, although small-ish sized gym, although it may have changed (expanded) in the last year.

I recommend the place, was a member for 2 years (free membership because I lived in one of the apartment complexes connected to the racquet club.