Pathlab blood / urine testing

retiree

Anybody have any personal experience with them?   Prices seem quite reasonable compared to hospital walk-in.   Note that they do not do equipment testing (e.g. mammogram or ECG.). 

https://www.pathlab.co.th/packages/ 

And for general fyi ... 

0) they have two basic sets:  one is 45 tests, and one is 50.   The individual set prices (not given on their website) are 4,100 and 8,000 baht.  Yes, apparently the 5 extra tests, which are listed on their site, are expensive. 

1) they have two set packages.  You get 3 or 4 vouchers, depending, which can be used by different people, or by one person over a few years.  The cost per voucher works out to 2,975 or 6,333 baht, so about 25% cheaper per test.  

2) they will do free home / office collection of your blood / urine samples, same as they'd do at their site.   However ... 

3) if you bought the package, they will only do one person if they visit -- the others have to go to the Pathlab office.  I went over this with them several times, in both English and Thai, but they are not willing to take the other samples at the same time, even for a fee. 

4) instead, you have to buy multiple single-person sets if you want multiple people tested on a (free) single home visit.    

Yes, I know, but hey, it's their business model.   And as mentioned, I'd like to hear about anybody's experience with them, or any alternative (esp. for lazy folks who don't want to leave the house).

-- Retiree

looks like urine is only on this more expensive "absolute" package.

I went to sirirach, walk in early morning, blood and urine.

Had to come back at 5pm for chest xray, ecg. 

Everything very fast, 5 minutes wait for each check up.

But after some 1h waiting for doctor consultation.

The second time by appointment, some 1 month waiting. Registration at 8:00 and left around noon.

Each time it was just above 4500b.

Print out is 3 pages of results.

Pathlab sent me the a la carte menu, which has more details.  I think you have to call or e-mail them to request it -- I can't find a detailed price list on their site. 

The expensive set (8,000 standalone) includes these.  I'm showing the a la carte prices if added to the cheaper set. 
1,000  homocysteine (B6, B12, folic acid deficiencies, some heart problems)
550  FT4 (thyroid, cheaper gets T4)
950  CA125 (ovarian cancer F)
950  CA15.3 (breast cancer F)
950  CA 19.9 (pancreatic cancer F/M)
950  PSA (prostate M)
1,000  H. Pylori lgG (ulcer)
200  Urinalysis (beer, apparently)

The cheaper set (4,100 baht standalone) gets bicarbonate (an electrolyte test, 400 baht a la carte.)

There are a variety of other a la carte items (HIV, lead, testosterone, etc.) none over 1,000

-- Retiree