Phuket Sandbox Suggested Hotels to do quarantine

Chris Setchell

I have already booked my ticket from Sydney to Bangkok & was to fly out on15th Jan under Test & Go but that was canned by Thai Gov't on 21st Dec. I want to get back to my wife / home & under DURESS, looking at changing flight & doing Sandbox, as this might be the only way back even when they review on 4th Jan. Has any body done the Sandbox & can recommend a SHA Hotel to stay at that has pick up from Airport & can organise the required Tests? This has as with a lot of other Expats returning , put a mocker on returning after 6 mths in Sydney!

I stayed at BYD Lofts a few months ago under the Sandbox program, it's a boutique condotel near Patong Beach with modern rooms,  excellent management, and SHA+ cert.  There is a very good Thai/Western restaurant onsite which also offers room service, and the units have kitchens so you can cook your own meals if you want.  7-11 and Family Mart are a block away, and there is a Big C grocer within about a ten-minute walk.  Quarantine test site is in the parking garage at the Big C or at least it was while I was there.   BYD's quarantine package includes airport pickup on arrival.  During the period I went you had to arrange your own testing regardless of where you were staying, but BYD kept track of the test dates and gave reminders.

ChrisP24 that place looks like a good tho bit on pricey side, but if goes trouble free that's not my primary concern.
Just on the sandbox ruleset :
  • Is the day you check in considered day 1 as long as before midnight ?
  • And at the back end, i presume test on day 6, get results back day 7 (hopefully morning) then clear to leave ?