Worthwhile Charities

I have a few items, which I am sure you all do, which I would be glad to donate to an auction, with the proceeds going to a forum specified charity.

This is our home to a lot of people.So if we put our minds togother maybe just maybe we can show that farangs do care & we do something positive.

This is in no way a solicitation, just a community effort.If we can use the Thai Visa umbrella all the better.After all this is how we all met.

Edited by Rooo

great idea but you must know any money passed to the thais's will get lost in corruption etc. for me the best way is sell whatever you have get the cash and give directly to whom you see as a worthy charity. most of the tsunami donations got lost and did not make it to the victims. always remember they do not think the way we do

great idea but you must know any money passed to the thais's will get lost in corruption etc. for me the best way is sell whatever you have get the cash and give directly to whom you see as a worthy charity. most of the tsunami donations got lost and did not make it to the victims. always remember they do not think the way we do

very true

Maybe good to donate to a wat school, Roo. But put the cash in action first by buying computers, rice, clothes, etc. Easier to track the donations.

I think that it's a great idea and agree that the cash should be used for specific items.

Also feel that the Animal rescue centre would be a very worthy recipient.

well done Roo

its a great idea.

a friend and I did the same thing but we make the contribution direct as many otherse suggested.

we addopted a school and we are in close relation with the head master. we meetr with him every 3-4 months and he gives us his wish list and we do out bet including geting othere to pitch in and supply the needed supplies and materials for the school.

well done Roo

its a great idea.

a friend and I did the same thing but we make the contribution direct as many otherse suggested.

we addopted a school and we are in close relation with the head master. we meetr with him every 3-4 months and he gives us his wish list and we do out bet including geting othere to pitch in and supply the needed supplies and materials for the school.

This is what I'm talking about Highdiver, as I mentioned a Forum specified charity.So if members know of a school or orphanage that we can purchase some goods for great.

They can start a wish list here & let's see what we can do.

How about The Little Ducks Nursery in Rayong? I have no association with them, but they ALWAYS advertising for donations/help/staff etc in the Pattaya Mail. Also, there is an orphanage on Sukhumvit heading near to Pattaya Klang, sorry, can't remember the name...I am certain they too would be extremely grateful for a kind donation, be it food, books or whatever you can spare!

Cheers!

Maybe good to donate to a wat school, Roo. But put the cash in action first by buying computers, rice, clothes, etc. Easier to track the donations.

I think that it's a great idea and agree that the cash should be used for specific items.

Also feel that the Animal rescue centre would be a very worthy recipient.

One of the best ways to help the Animal Rescue place is to give food. I know some hotels that give their leftovers to them and it saves them about 100K a month. There was an article about it in the Samui Express not too long ago. The hotel as Kantiburi. Anyway, if anyone has a restaurant of some way of getting large amounts off food that gets thrown away then try to get it to them. I'm sure they would come pick it up as well.

But any desserts maybe you should give to me. :o