The Clock Is Ticking

Mid

thaksin is a leader. in fact, from what I understand - over 14 million people still look up to him.

Fourteen million bought / brainwashed cretens.

And you would have the Thai people (67 million people) welcome him back after all he has stolen from the Thai people?

I would suggest the Thai people should find a leader from different political stock.

Soundman.

and by this we can assume that no past leaders bought votes, yeh, right! I think the precedent may have be set a long long time ago... and don't tell me Chuan Lekphai didn't by votes!

sad ... Thaksin did a lot of great things for this country, now that he's gone and things are getting worse again, so many still put the blame on him ... sad indeed

really ?

Name one please. :o

Put an end to drug peddling which threatened the entire country's future

the only reason I have ever considered moving my family away from Thailand. :D

Wolfmanjack,you could certainly run on an American Fortress Platform.Being a little more conservative than that, I suggest not.A platform which supports,not fighting other peoples wars,not giving away money to other countries,under any pretext.Closing down military bases around the world,and putting the personal on aircraft carriers,or relocating them to the states will also solve many problems.Let NATO police, and take care of International military problems,and don't give them a dime because they are inept.Anyone attacks us,take them out,with the fire power needed to do the job effectively.Collateral damage is a fact of wars.War is bad for all living things.

Trade should be conducted in a manner which is profitable for the US and its people.No preferential system should be used,unless it benefits us.

Create a health care system,where all Americans are covered.Concentrate on the violence and crime on the streets.Patrol and guard our borders with all our extra military.Who are now not getting killed in other countries.They could also help in fighting wildfires,as well as in helping all natural disasters.The list is endless, of the work needing to be done.

Brazil uses sugarcane to fuel its cars,they don't import any oil.I'm sure we could do something, along that line.

There is no end to what these countries need.People have been feuding and killing each other forever,for whatever reason.Let's take care that it's not happening to us.I'm sure these countries will figure out what to do,sooner or later.

jayjayjayjay

How many people have been killed under that pretext.Not to mention the countless others you don't hear about.

That lawyer was probably selling too,thats why the police took him away, never to be seen again.

Good article.

Indeed near the end of it it raises a concern that I kind of saw coming for a while: A boycott or no-vote against the new constitution, and with good reason because the old constitution is the only legitimate one, the only one drafted under democratic circumstances. Why would anyone want to vote for something constructed by a military junta and their buddies?

Of course the other side of the coin is that NOT voting for this constitution completely stops any movement back to something resembling a democratic process..

At the very least though voting against it / boycotting it will get revenge on the "Democrat" party for their stunt that directly led to a military intervention. And it will give people outside Bangkok and the South more time to reorganize and keep the "Democrats" and Bangkok yuppies out of power for the foreseeable future. I think maybe the "Democrat" party and people in the South and Bangkok generally may not realize the level of resentment against them.

Edited by chanchao