Must try restaurants in Bangkok (central - Siam/Pleonchit area)

dj230

Anyone have any recommendations of must try restaurants in the central Bangkok area near Pleonchit/Siam BTS? 

No delicacies but just good food that is unique to Asia/Thailand, preferably a price range of around 1000 baht a person. 

12 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

The malls around there have brilliant street food

Hm, interesting I noticed a few malls with street food sections, I’ll check it out. 
there’s one at the top floor of central world and another across The street of central chidlom 

the “street food” at central chidloms food hall was pretty bad, but I’m guessing it’s just “grocery store” food quality. 

Edited by dj230

Big fan of mall food courts myself.  Hit & miss of course, but you can find some tasty stuff, and seasoning/condiments are supplied, usually, to tweak to you liking.  

Nice having so many options in one place, with proper table & chairs, AC.  Especially if new to Thailand, can test multiple dishes, at low cost, at no major cost, if not liking.

• Like 1

If you want a change from the mall restaurants, my recommendation is Polo Chicken, just off Wireless Road - in the Soi opposite the entrance to Lumpini Park.  Excellent larb duk, corn som tam and fried chicken.  It's known as 'Jay-Gee' locally, but the sign says Polo Chicken, as it's near the Polo Club.  Not fancy, but has AC ..... and a Chang Beer Girl ????

1 hour ago, dj230 said:

Hm, interesting I noticed a few malls with street food sections, I’ll check it out. 
there’s one at the top floor of central world and another across The street of central chidlom 

the “street food” at central chidloms food hall was pretty bad, but I’m guessing it’s just “grocery store” food quality. 

I have always found Central Chidlom's Food Loft with it's iconic view, good quality and value-for-money food a must when I visit Bangkok.

See Fah off Soi 6 Siam Square and Baan Khun Mae @MBK are excellent traditional thai restaurants.

Edited by LosLobo

11 hours ago, LosLobo said:

I have always found Central Chidlom's Food Loft with it's iconic view, good quality and value-for-money food a must when I visit Bangkok.

See Fah off Soi 6 Siam Square and Baan Khun Mae @MBK are excellent traditional thai restaurants.

Thank you for the recommendation, I'll definitely check those out 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Local in Soi 23 is good. Its a renovated old wooden Thai house.

Also Somtumnua in Siam Square for good Isaan food.

They have gone a bit hiso now and opened branches in central Embassy and CentralWorld, but still good though a bit more expensive.