Gratuity Payments

As I understand it, gratuity payments, based on length of service are legally required in Thailand for persons leaving service under good circumstances. I received one when I was required to leave the company's employ at 55 due to our bylaws, for which I received 10 years gratuity, which translated into 10 mos. salary. I was rehired the next day, under contract, and have worked an additional 11.5 years under that. Does that mean, now that my contract is expiring, that I am legally entitled to an additional 10 year gratuity, namely another 10 mos. worth of salary on separation from the company under the same good circumstances?

On 1/20/2022 at 10:44 AM, jeffbkk1 said:

Does that mean, now that my contract is expiring, that I am legally entitled to an additional 10 year gratuity, namely another 10 mos. worth of salary on separation from the company under the same good circumstances?

If you are on a fixed-length contract then severance payment does not apply to you. Only if the contract was in violation of the requirements set forth for a fixed-length contract, would you be elligable.

But otherwise you are correct, that more than 10 years of employment entitles you to 300 days of severance payment.