Shopping Experts, Help Please

Pd10642

I'm going to hijack this thread a little if I may for selfish reasons.....though hopefully other ladies will benefit from any replies received...

Will be in Bkk briefly in 10days or so and intend to hit the shop-spots for the first time in a long time.

Looking for:

* resin earrings or any avant-garde jewellery, preferably by small designers (any Siam Sq boutiques or others that anyone can recommend?)

* 1 pr black Hilfiger leather "ballet" shoes to replace the ones I bought in Siam Sq two years ago....shop does not sell them now:-(

* any small designer fashions (skirts, pants, dresses- Thai sizes are fine) that are cheaper than Fly Now 111 or "It's used to be a closet" in Siam sq. (Not Zara or MNG which are good but mass-produced).

(Keven often has sales but their quality is suss. Soda is interesting...but does anyone have a "secret" favorite they would share with me?)

* excellent hairdresser for style cuts and color (Not Toni and Guy). There is a salon at Emporio I like but any further suggestions?

Any other hints, tips, suggestions will be gratefully received...

I've been living in Thailand for over 10 years and have also worked in the Retail industry for the past 6 years. What's wrong with MBK anyways? It's not only a place for knock-offs (which I don't buy and encourage), but if you look at the right shops you might be able to find something nice - especially air conditioned and convenient. Otherwise if you want to spend more, take a look in Central World's Isetan where they have them.

Being the cheapskate that I am, first instinct is to look at knock offs. If I'm not satisfied with quality, will definitely look at other shops.

But I'd rather buy a knock-off than waste money on a $3000 Louis Vuitton or a Goyard bag. Never heard of em donating to charity. Greedy bastards.

Thanks for the tip on Isetan!

• 4 weeks later...

I just want to let y'all know I was able to buy a straw cowboy hat in Chiang Mai (the Sunday street market - near the police station/office building) for only 35 baht. Dayumn I should have bought ten.

Edited by SirAlain