Chong Nonsi Canal Park – A new lung for Bangkok: Video

webfact

screenshot_16524.jpg

Stretching from Surawong Road all the way down to the Chao Phraya River, over a distance of about 4.5 kilometres, Chong Nonsi Canal is being transformed into Bangkok’s longest park, at around 9 kilometres around both sides of the pedestrian walkway.

Inspired by the Cheonggyecheon Restoration Project in Seoul, many people say this will give Bangkok residents a “touch of Seoul”. This is Chong Nonsi Canal Park.

Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) is now reviving Chong Nonsi Canals and surrounding areas by increasing clean water access, green spaces and better drainage as the city authorities work to improve the condition of the capital’s waterways.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/chong-nonsi-canal-park-a-new-lung-for-bangkok/

Logo-top-.png
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-01-31

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Inspired by the Cheonggyecheon Restoration Project in Seoul, many people say this will give Bangkok residents a “touch of Seoul”. This is Chong Nonsi Canal Park.

One very small step for Bangkok to clean-up it's act.

But granted an important one.

• Like 1

Great idea, last time In Bangkok we went for a ride on one of the commercial boats for some ridiculously cheap fare. The water was absolutely filthy and my upcountry wife was not impressed however I thought the houses and little offshoots were fascinating.

I see that a they are now proposing electric boats and if it happens can only help with tourism, next project will be to stop the locals treating the canals as sewers, good luck with that.

• Like 1