Honda Jazz battery

orientalist

Against my advice the gf bought a Honda Jazz 2019 on the never never and hasn't a clue how to maintain it. It now has a battery that keeps going flat. Is it best to get a new battery from a Honda dealer? Presumably that's the most expensive option. Otherwise is there a particular spec to look for or shop to buy from? This is in the Bangna or Bangkok areas.

Had my Jazz for 15 years and was shocked when the first one died after just 2 years. I'm used to it now and as others have mentioned, get one at a battery shop, ad make sure you have the radio code BEFORE you change.

These batteries are tiny and can't last more than 2-3 years. I turn off the air con before I park, but my wife does 90% of the miles in it and she hasn't grasped this concept yet. We replaced our last battery 2-3 weeks ago. 2,000B is average price.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ninafarm said:

These batteries are only good for 3 years.

Disagree. Honda does not manufacture batteries.
They have their local suppliers or what do you think.

Buy a quality battery from 3K or GS e.g.

Buy the biggest that fits in the available space.

3K is supplier for Mercedes assembled in Thailand.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2long said:

ad make sure you have the radio code BEFORE you change.

The shack where I bought they connect a small buffer battery before removing the old battery. Pros should know or point to it.

• Like 1

Make sure the alternator is charging properly, B-quik will do it for free, it gives a readout of all aspects of the battery and charge system.

Your GF made a good choice of transport....????

You new-sh kid on the battery block is Amaron, sealed battery, has a 2 year guaranty.... ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 2long said:

Had my Jazz for 15 years and was shocked when the first one died after just 2 years. I'm used to it now and as others have mentioned, get one at a battery shop, ad make sure you have the radio code BEFORE you change.

These batteries are tiny and can't last more than 2-3 years. I turn off the air con before I park, but my wife does 90% of the miles in it and she hasn't grasped this concept yet. We replaced our last battery 2-3 weeks ago. 2,000B is average price.

I last owned a car 40 years ago but I still remember turning the aircon off when the battery was dying. Years before that I remember push-starting my 60s-era manual gear car, often on my own. Life was simpler then!

• Like 1