Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ASEAN NOW

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brain/Dementia Doctor Recommendation at Bumrungrad

Featured Replies

I've been a long term silent reader of ASEANNOW and have previously managed to find great doctor recommendations from Sheryl for my mom of 78 years (such as Dr Jun from Bumrungrad). My mom at her age right now is kind of getting very forgetful and her memory of recent topics seems to be deteriorating so I would like her to get checked up at Bumrungrad.

May I get some good doctors recommendation who specialize in such brain/dementia field at Bumrungrad from the helpful members here? I tried searching here as well as using Google but I can't seem to find any similar topics. Thank you very much in advance.

BTW usually you need to set up a will and power of attorneys including medical, prior to dementia diagnosis, worth checking

I don't want to sound like the grim reaper, but I'm not sure medicine is advanced enough to treat dementia particularly effectively.

So I'm not sure I would waste too much money on treatments that are not effective and would rather focus my efforts on finding the best end of life care.

But by all means, do your own research. I could be wrong.

And also, supplementation may be effective. I would experiment with higher doses of Omega 3s or any other supplements that may boost brain health. Maybe high dose Creatine. But do some research.

Edited by save the frogs

Why there's help on practically every corner now 😄

Just look for the green leaf 🍀

Cannabis Compound Shows Promise in Fighting Alzheimer’s by Calming Brain Inflammation https://share.google/rbwPgPmolbcPdhD3i

And also, it's probably too late for a 78 year old, but if you can get her off the high carb / high sugar diet, that might help.

Too late in terms of most people are addicted to these foods and will never stop and also maybe the damage is irreversible.

12 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

I don't want to sound like the grim reaper, but I'm not sure medicine is advanced enough to treat dementia particularly effectively.

So I'm not sure I would waste too much money on treatments that are not effective and would rather focus my efforts on finding the best end of life care.

But by all means, do your own research. I could be wrong.

And also, supplementation may be effective. I would experiment with higher doses of Omega 3s or any other supplements that may boost brain health. Maybe high dose Creatine. But do some research.

Money should be mainly spent on care, will need 24/7 eventually, the time shifting is a strange stage when they become children again, sometimes

a medical check for dementia would be the first step, as there are several conditions that can cause dementia-like symptoms ...

chatgpt:

Typical conditions that can mimic dementia include:

  • Depression – can cause significant problems with concentration and memory.

  • Medications – certain sedatives, sleeping pills, pain medications, and anticholinergic drugs can affect cognitive function.

  • Vitamin B12 deficiency – can affect memory, concentration, and nerve function.

  • Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid) – can cause mental slowing and forgetfulness.

  • Sleep disorders, particularly sleep apnea.

  • Infections or other medical conditions – especially in older people, these can cause confusion.

  • Dehydration or electrolyte imbalances.

  • Hearing or vision problems – a person may appear cognitively impaired when the main problem is actually difficulty perceiving information.

  • Normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) – can cause memory and thinking problems together with gait disturbances and bladder problems, and may be treatable.

  • Delirium – sudden-onset confusion, usually caused by an underlying medical condition; this is not the same as dementia.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.