Fits Lifan 250 cc machine on a Stallion 250

finnsk

As a hobby project, I am thinking to buy a Stallion 250 motorbike to renovate. I am not sure about the engine, if its worth to renovate it or simply to change with a new Lifan engine if it fits the body.

Does a Lifan engine fits to stallion body ? How to find out ?

I have that idea that many of the chinese motorbike brands 150-250 cc is with rebadget lifan engines, but maybe I am wrong.

Lifan is easy to get info on the internet and DIY spareparts on Lazada etc.. And I am not sure if I will get ruined if I go and ask for main engine spareparts at a Stallion dealer.

I dont have a Stallion Bike, but I do have a 250 cc ATV with water cooled and manual Box + reverse gear.

From my experience, most of the Chinese Motors are much the same.

My ATV has a "  Zongshen " engine. Never have any problems- just ignition things

These are the biggest small engine makers in China, and I would be very surprised indeed, if Lifan were a Brand Engine and could well be a Zongshen under a different label.

Many spares I have gotten from AliExpress have been so called for Lifan, but not Engine spares ( no need )

Its possible to get a lot of Info on " stuff " like this by trawling through the AliExpress website for spare parts

I would advise against Lazada for any spare you want if you find them, and you will, on AliExpress.

The spares are typically 2, 3 or even 4 times the price on Lazada, with the same delivery times of about 2-3 weeks, as they say they are coming from overseas.

Maybe you will find my limited experience of some help to you

Good luck.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, finnsk said:

Thanks for telling about your experiences - very helpfull.

I had not seen or got that idea before, that Zongshen is/could be the mother of small motorbike engines from China, that make sence in many ways and also open the possibilities that engines and many other parts fits between different china motorbike brands.

I think you are right about Lazada vs Aliexpress, I have just been happy that nearly all things on Lazada can be delievered COD, but in many ways it seems Aliexpress is much better when it comes to mechanical parts. And I get crazy at the Lazada search engine, gives so many wrong and useless hits when you are searching for exactly things.

Thanks again for your good advices.

Had a recent issue with my 250 Zongshen concerning the Starter Clutch ( elec start ), so I decided to replace it .

The part I required came within a complete Unit, so I had to trawl for the correct part on Ali

Cost to me with delivery was 682 Baht - 3 weeks, and it came in 2 weeks

Lazada- same part ( I think ) was about 1900 Baht delivery from abroad 3 weeks 

And what do you know ! 

After finding what I thought was the correct part, and checking it Dimensionally Etc - It was advertised as a Lifan Part.

I am not saying this is the normal, but for this item it was, and for many other parts, I have found that there seems to be a standard Spec to which all Chinese Bikes are made - just my observations from buying spares for the ATV on Ali -could be wrong, and if I am I am sure there be many to correct me.

If you have a Thai partner or Friend just use their True Money Wallet on Ali - its mastercard, so payments are insured .

• Like 1