International Arrivals Up

george

International arrivals up

BANGKOK: -- International visitor arrivals at Suvarnabhumi Airport in the four months of the year totalled 3,413,197, an increase of 2.61 per cent year on year.

This includes only those who arrived in Bangkok as a first point of entry and not those who flew directly to other points in Thailand or who entered the country at border checkpoints. About 70 per cent of visitors usually make Bangkok their first point of entry.

Arrivals at Suvarnabhumi Airport from major markets in the period included East Asia (1,525,989), Europe (1,114,770), the Americas (267,965), Oceania (161,097), South Asia (187,526), the Middle East (124,863) and Africa (30,987).

-- The Nation 2007-06-11

its a spiriling affect. you look at these guys on the skytrain and you just know they are thinking i cant wait to move here, i cant believe i can get girls, etc.

And why not!

Until this generation, every living being every to walk the earth, has done so with the intention of finding the most attractive (looking or financially, its the same thing) mate and breeding. Thats how we got here and thats how our kids got here. Genetically, we are a total sucess, our genes (Thai and Falang) are in the next round, doing nicely at school and enjoying the adventure that raising a family is.

It's also a massive PC misconception that men here come because they cannot get women in the West. It's complete ball cocks and to avoid dragging the post into the mud, I'll leave it at that. We want more from life than drudgery and conforming and to the great horror of the PC crowd, we have it all!! Yes, whatever happened in the West.... we HAVE it all now. So I couldn't get a woman in the West!! ha ha, so what, I got one now, and how!

If folk in the West want the warmth and satisfaction of a career to see their days out, let em have it. But we shouldn't be surprised that most people shun Political Correctness and opt for the family and the fun life has to offer.

Thailand Vs middle management career in marketing = no contest for most of us!

You lefties in the next round yet :o

And what does this have to do with international arrivals in any way, shape or form?

Take it elsewhere please.

Back on topic,

I flew in last week and my flight was full from Tokyo to Bangkok. Overbooked in fact, according to the flight attendant.

If Thaksin's arrival has the effect some people expect, it will be interesting to see the impact on arrivals over the following months (I think this just scrapes in to qualify as 'on topic' :o )

Edited by Ping

TAT must be well pleased with the new visa rules, it certainly is not having a negative effect on their statistics. I wonder if Thaksins arrival will be counted in the next batch of misleading stats :o

JR Texas: Does any thinking person believe this crap? It is just another "batch of misleading stats." I am not seeing evidence of an increase in tourism on the ground.....and way too many other people are talking about a significant downturn in tourism. But, who knows for sure.........maybe the SEX factor is overCOMING the crazy visa rules.

I don't think 2.6% year on year growth is positive news. I imagine the 'supply' (e.g. rooms, travel agenies, tour operators, transport, international restaurants, bars etc) of tourism has increased more than 2.6%. This will appear as a downturn to people with money invested in tourism.

roughly half are asian that fly in for the weekend to play golf.

It is starting to pick up at the CM Night Bazaar but not too much.

I used to fly on northwest airlines and ever since they code shared with Continental airlines the flight from Tokyo was over booked. a lot of Japanese come here to play golf in the daytime and other games at night. Usually it is only for a couple of days.

Too bad they don't tell us how long these people are staying.

These figures are for arrivals in BKK only, I think, so in the past would not have included people in-transit to CNX or other Thai international-airports.

I must admit that, over the past 9 months, where I used to scoot straight through to CNX, I am now forced (by the airlines I use) to clear customs/immigration in BKK.

If this is general, then some of the growth might be people who no-longer transit through, to their end-destination.

Wonder what the total number of arrivals into Thailand would show ? Surely a fall, due to fewer 30-day visa-runners, on the land border-crossings ??

Lies, ###### lies, and statistics. :o