Visa Transfer Letter

On the Visa transfer letter for Immigration to transfer your visa info into a renewed passport there are two blanks for the date on which you entered Thailand and another where it says, "he/she was issued with ........... visa". What information is required for these two fields?

Is it the date of your original entry to Thailand or the date of your most recent entry? For the second blank, what visa information do they require? Is it the type of visa (e.g. O, O-A etc) or visa number or what?

Any guidance would be gratefully received.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

I can't remember what I put on the form, but bearing in mind that data are being transferred from your old to your new passport, my answer to those questions would be - the date of the last entry and - O Retirement.

Thai Immigration will fill a couple of pages of your new passport, starting with the number, nationality, issue and expiry dates of your old passport, then stamps re-creating the origins of whatever extension/visa you have now (in my case it was a conversion from 'B' to 'O') then a stamp recreating your last entry to Thailand, then a repeat of the last extension you were given.

Edited by Eff1n2ret

2 hours ago, Eff1n2ret said:

I can't remember what I put on the form, but bearing in mind that data are being transferred from your old to your new passport, my answer to those questions would be - the date of the last entry and - O Retirement.

Thai Immigration will fill a couple of pages of your new passport, starting with the number, nationality, issue and expiry dates of your old passport, then stamps re-creating the origins of whatever extension/visa you have now (in my case it was a conversion from 'B' to 'O') then a stamp recreating your last entry to Thailand, then a repeat of the last extension you were given.

Thanks for the info.