Reactivate AIS mobile number

dastott

Hello. I am soon returning to Thailand after a 2 year absence. On my last trip in 2020 I was using an AIS SIM card which I have kept active by topping up regularly on the AIS app to keep the number. I now want to reactivate the card and phone number on my return to Thailand. How do I do this exactly? Just by choosing a package in the app, or by visiting an AIS shop, or by calling support? I will be arriving at Phuket airport and want to reactivate the number before reaching the hotel, if possible. Thanks for any advice.

Just pop the SIM in a phone before you land, everything should work. You can change your plan via the app.

Did you enable International Roaming before you left?

34 minutes ago, dastott said:

by topping up regularly on the AIS app

So you use the AIS Mobile App? myAIS? Via WiFi? Do you get a mobile signal wherever you are now?

37 minutes ago, dastott said:

Just by choosing a package in the app

This one.

The SIM was never really inactivated, so there is no procedure to reactivate it.

Plug, play.

Do you have any idea of your balance and expiry? From app or *121# SEND.

Do you know what your current plan is? From the app? Packages, My package. Form here you can change main package, add packages, etc.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, I enabled (free) International Roaming before I left and have used it in a few countries since then to receive One Time Passwords. Have been able to connect to foreign partner networks to receive SMS and have used the AIS app on wifi to top up.

I called AIS support at the airport just before leaving in 2020 to suspend the package I was using (think it was unlimited data for B200 a month but can't recall exactly). They also enabled International Roaming during the same call. I cannot seem to find the package I was using before on the app, it just says Lucky Traveller SIM but doesn't give other details.

The SIM card has never been taken out of the phone. I have enough balance to pay for the B350 unlimited data package offered on the app, and the expiry isn't until November. So, I just select a package from the AIS app and start using?

Thanks again.

Edited by dastott

On 2/11/2022 at 11:27 AM, dastott said:

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, I enabled (free) International Roaming before I left and have used it in a few countries since then to receive One Time Passwords. Have been able to connect to foreign partner networks to receive SMS and have used the AIS app on wifi to top up.

I called AIS support at the airport just before leaving in 2020 to suspend the package I was using (think it was unlimited data for B200 a month but can't recall exactly). They also enabled International Roaming during the same call. I cannot seem to find the package I was using before on the app, it just says Lucky Traveller SIM but doesn't give other details.

The SIM card has never been taken out of the phone. I have enough balance to pay for the B350 unlimited data package offered on the app, and the expiry isn't until November. So, I just select a package from the AIS app and start using?

Thanks again.

350 baht Unlimited? 1 Mbps? That's 374.50 baht.

If you had a 200 baht Unlimited 10 Mbps pack before, then call the AIS call centre to ask them to re-apply a 10 Mbps pack.. If they refuse, ask for an MNP code in order to change networks to someone who will offer you that pack. They will likely find the offer and apply it to your account. 

• Like 1

On 2/14/2022 at 6:28 AM, Bruno123 said:

350 baht Unlimited? 1 Mbps? That's 374.50 baht.

If you had a 200 baht Unlimited 10 Mbps pack before, then call the AIS call centre to ask them to re-apply a 10 Mbps pack.. If they refuse, ask for an MNP code in order to change networks to someone who will offer you that pack. They will likely find the offer and apply it to your account. 

Thank you. So I can call them before I put a package on? I have just checked and in 2020 I got unlimited data package capped at 10 Mbps(1.25 MB/s) for 200 baht per month.