Rising Gloom Over Jobs And Finances

Mid

Rising gloom over jobs and finances

Wed, June 13, 2007 : Last updated 0:10 am (Thai local time)

Thais are among the 10 nationalities most pessimistic about job prospects.

A global survey found 66 per cent of Thai respondents perceived their job prospects as "not so good" and "bad", compared with 44 per cent six months ago.

The report also found 45 per cent were not confident in the state of their personal finances over the next year

Crises , what crises........?

Rising gloom over jobs and finances

Wed, June 13, 2007 : Last updated 0:10 am (Thai local time)

Thais are among the 10 nationalities most pessimistic about job prospects.

A global survey found 66 per cent of Thai respondents perceived their job prospects as "not so good" and "bad", compared with 44 per cent six months ago.

The report also found 45 per cent were not confident in the state of their personal finances over the next year

Crises , what crises........?

there can not be a crisis, because the "rainbows and lollipops" brigade need to maintain the illusion of a Thai utopia in order to remain in denial

Edited by bingobongo

I am not quoting exactly here, but "after being concerned with savings as the number 1 priority, the number 2 (50%) of Thais are concerned with savings for vacations"

I'm sure I do not mix with a full cross of all Thai people, however, I tend to mix with a richer set of Thai people than is average. I have hardly met any Thai people who have ever gone on a real vacation in their life. Besides that, I have hardly ever heard a Thai person talk about saving money, even though I am sure some must do it because they do sometimes buy things with cash that are expensive, but not usually.

Usually, what I see them do, is SELL something they already have, in order to buy something they need.

Statements like these make me doubt this whole article as being less than an honest reflection of Thailand, even if the sentiment that the economy is not well might be correct.

I am not quoting exactly here, but "after being concerned with savings as the number 1 priority, the number 2 (50%) of Thais are concerned with savings for vacations"

I'm sure I do not mix with a full cross of all Thai people, however, I tend to mix with a richer set of Thai people than is average. I have hardly met any Thai people who have ever gone on a real vacation in their life. Besides that, I have hardly ever heard a Thai person talk about saving money, even though I am sure some must do it because they do sometimes buy things with cash that are expensive, but not usually.

Usually, what I see them do, is SELL something they already have, in order to buy something they need.

Statements like these make me doubt this whole article as being less than an honest reflection of Thailand, even if the sentiment that the economy is not well might be correct.

My Thai wife always intends to save for something she really wants, but always spends what she might have saved, on something she doesnt really need.  I think that is how the Thai economy works.  As for holidays - a holiday is (from what i understand) a day out in Thai speak.

Edited by carnival1200

Rubbish.... :D:D:D:bah:

The survey, conducted in the last two weeks of April, polled 26,486 Internet users in 47 markets from Europe, Asia-Pacific, North America and the Middle East.

so th ewhole world was polled by 26k people. accordingly thailand response may have been about a few hundred people.

since it was made by using internet I am sure that the dooms day brigade has contributed to the results.

The global consumer confidence index measured 97, down slightly by two points.

wow the world is in crisis :o:D:bah::o

The survey, conducted in the last two weeks of April, polled 26,486 Internet users in 47 markets from Europe, Asia-Pacific, North America and the Middle East.

so th ewhole world was polled by 26k people. accordingly thailand response may have been about a few hundred people.

since it was made by using internet I am sure that the dooms day brigade has contributed to the results.

JR Texas: The world is in crisis.........increasing number of people in terrible poverty, failure of the globalization of the economy, collapse of the live systems that support us (air, water, soil, living biota), social chaos/conflict, overpopulation with more to come, huge numbers of youth with a dim future ahead of them (and they will eventually get very pissed off), not one single responsible individual in a position of political power, almost complete control over the global mainstream mass media by a few large corporations that do not want change, a culture of irresponsibility spreading worldwide.........we are in deep shit. My personal feeling is that a virus will mutate and take care of things. ...nature has away of fighting back. And what made you happy today? ;)

JR Texas: The world is in crisis.........increasing number of people in terrible poverty, failure of the globalization of the economy, collapse of the live systems that support us (air, water, soil, living biota), social chaos/conflict, overpopulation with more to come, huge numbers of youth with a dim future ahead of them (and they will eventually get very pissed off), not one single responsible individual in a position of political power, almost complete control over the global mainstream mass media by a few large corporations that do not want change, a culture of irresponsibility spreading worldwide.........we are in deep shit. My personal feeling is that a virus will mutate and take care of things. ...nature has away of fighting back. And what made you happy today? ;)

I agree we are in trouble !

Personally I think it will be a wider Middle East war that will set off a

but at the same time Israel said it wont allow it to proceed with

making the bomb --------so something has to give........................

Will it be USA or Israel that attacks Iran and makes the whole

region a powder keg ............

there's an 18% under subscribed IPO you may want to peruse also .....................

:o:D

An under subscribed IPO surely rings of a lack of confidence. Somebody's dreaming about a quick capital injection for their business.

Soundman.

---------------------

Yeah I'm sure things will improve dramatically in Thailand and throughout the rest of the planet in the future.

In your fking dreams.

JR Texas: The world is in crisis.........increasing number of people in terrible poverty, failure of the globalization of the economy, collapse of the live systems that support us (air, water, soil, living biota), social chaos/conflict, overpopulation with more to come, huge numbers of youth with a dim future ahead of them (and they will eventually get very pissed off), not one single responsible individual in a position of political power, almost complete control over the global mainstream mass media by a few large corporations that do not want change, a culture of irresponsibility spreading worldwide.........we are in deep shit. My personal feeling is that a virus will mutate and take care of things. ...nature has away of fighting back. And what made you happy today? :D

Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's all very nice. But I'm doing ok, thanks JR. :o