Corner Pub In Ban Tai

Hi all,

Anyone know the story on Corner Pub? For that matter House of Cod in Had Rin. Both of these places look to be really nice and great locations and both up for sale. I'm kicking around the idea of having a business and making the plunge to move full time the island. I have to say I've never seen anyone in The Corner Pub, but don't go by that often. Any thoughts or knowledge of why either are up for sale?

I've only ever seen friends of the owner in Corner Pub, it is not a good location.

As for Love of Cod, believe it was something other than business/location that is the reason for the sale but couldn't confirm that in any way.

Hi SBK,

Yeah, I think your right on the Corner Pub. I just love that building and it's such a great location to live, but customers are sort of important. I was just talking with a friend about how we might make that work and being a madam just isn't on my things to do. :o

For Love of Cod Want's 3 million baht and it seems like way too much $ for the current Tourist situation.

Hey, I sent this really sweet deaf couple your way a long time ago, did you have a bungalow for them? She was Thai and he was from Europe. They seemed really lovely.

Hi SBK,

Yeah, I think your right on the Corner Pub. I just love that building and it's such a great location to live, but customers are sort of important. I was just talking with a friend about how we might make that work and being a madam just isn't on my things to do. :o

For Love of Cod Want's 3 million baht and it seems like way too much $ for the current Tourist situation.

Hey, I sent this really sweet deaf couple your way a long time ago, did you have a bungalow for them? She was Thai and he was from Europe. They seemed really lovely.

Yes, and thanks for that :o They were nice

Love of Cod has a very high rent as well, I believe. As does, frankly, all of Hadrin. The landlords there are pricing their customers out of business.

agree that corner pub is a bad location as most people are driving past there but not stopping, though there is ban sabai right behind it so you could serve big breakfasts or brunch and maybe get some people from that. not maybe the type of people you'd want though.

being a madam just isn't on my things to do.

you sure? you could always start koh phangan's first boy bar! there is a thai man in thong nai pan noi who is seriously considering doing this.

You know girlx you might be onto something...

The price of rent in Had Rin is another consideration. I never really thought of it that way. So many places going Out of Business and Had Rin is a mess with all the construction and all the awful cement motel style accomadation going up. Tommy's is heart breaking and that huge hotel thing being built by the market.

I really don't even want to own a bar or restaurant and am thinking more on the lines of a little shop that would cateer to long term vactioners and local people. Had Rin is super close to where I live, but Ban Tai would be better to get people from other parts of the island to come and check it out. Thongsala would be perhaps the best place since everyone goes there at least twice a month I would guess.

The ideal situation would be a small little place with a bathroom and back room to sleep sometimes.

I just love the location of the Corner Pub and the building. But have no idea what would work there in terms of business.

You know girlx you might be onto something...

The price of rent in Had Rin is another consideration. I never really thought of it that way. So many places going Out of Business and Had Rin is a mess with all the construction and all the awful cement motel style accomadation going up. Tommy's is heart breaking and that huge hotel thing being built by the market.

I really don't even want to own a bar or restaurant and am thinking more on the lines of a little shop that would cateer to long term vactioners and local people. Had Rin is super close to where I live, but Ban Tai would be better to get people from other parts of the island to come and check it out. Thongsala would be perhaps the best place since everyone goes there at least twice a month I would guess.

The ideal situation would be a small little place with a bathroom and back room to sleep sometimes.

I just love the location of the Corner Pub and the building. But have no idea what would work there in terms of business.

haadrin is, in my opinion, best avoided.

it just gets uglier, more expensive and dodgier by the day. that said you really only need 3 or 4 good nights a month there to stay afloat if you dont have any other bad habits.

i always though a chippie there could print money and have been talking about it for years, but always feared that 12 others would open and rent would double or triple once it took off.

I think thongsala is really the only place to open a business that caters to locals and tourists alike.

People tend to pass through baan tai and baan kai between tnp, haadrin and tongsala. now maybe a seven.... ###### too late.

Edited by t.s

I saw the listing that's what got the whole thing started. The one thing I don't think the island needs is another tourist shop. I'm thinking super small and there an awful lot of little shop spaces in Had Rin so that's attractive to me. The down side is I really don't think folks from the north would drive down to Had Rin. I think my target customer base would be the north west side of the island and where I live. I'm going to give some products a trial run on HTout of my friends shop and if things go then I'll rent a space.

Thongsala I'm sure is my best bet in terms of traffic flow, but I haven't seen any spaces that are really attractive to me, but something may come up. There is a strip of what I'm sure is retail space in Ban Kai that were being built when I left and almost finished. Anyone know what they are going for a month?

They are done and mostly empty. High rent for a very small space is what I heard. But, perhaps, after awhile of it being empty the owner would be willing to negotiate more reasonable prices.