Overstay or 7 Day Stamp

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A 2 day overstay will not be a problem in the future.

Probably not worth the effort to get a 7 days to leave the country stamp.

What about your insurance if something happen during those two days? Could you experience trouble if you are not on legal stay but on overtime if you have an accident?

Edited by Hummin
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Hummin said:

What about your insurance if something happen during those two days? Could you experience trouble if you are not on legal stay but on overtime if you have an accident?

What insurance might that be? I don't think it would have any effect on travel insurance.

Things do happen such as flight cancellations and delays.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

What insurance might that be? I don't think it would have any effect on travel insurance.

Things do happen such as flight cancellations and delays.

Your travel insurance might become invalidated if you have no valid visa is maybe a better question, and of course you will have to prove a good reason for overstying. 

Travel insurance or any health insurance I guess is based on legal stay in a country? Same as insurance require a valid driving license if you have an accident while driving yourself? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From https://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand-visa/visa-overstay-thailand

(I do not know who publishes this site, but the information is consistent with what Immigration has said in the past.)

If you are caught in Thailand as an overstaying foreigner you will be detained and face punishment. However, if you leave Thailand as an overstaying foreigner without being caught you will only face a fine and possible ban from re-entering Thailand, depending on the length of your overstay, when exiting through immigration control at the airport or land border, and will not face any imprisonment or detainment.

As you can face detainment and imprisonment even when overstaying by just one day, it is important to avoid getting caught or being questioned by police, and resolving your overstay issues as soon as possible. On occasions, immigration police will do random checks on foreign nationals on entertainment centers, on the street and some checkpoints.