After So Many Months of Missing your Favorite Beanery in Thailand:

When things get back to normal, what is the Dish you will Enjoy Most? And, which is your FAVORITE Thai Restaurant in ALL of Thailand.

My Dear Friends,

If you are like me, then you will feel exactly as I, and you will have been missing some great Thai food, even as you have been restricted, by the virus, from fully partaking of the culinary delights of Thailand.

Being in Thailand, and yet being somewhat restricted from enjoying the great food of Thailand, is the pits.

And so, when things truly get back to normal, what is your favorite dish?

And, just how much do you miss enjoying Thai food, and Thai company, during these times?

As for me, being in Thailand, and being without access to the pleasure of enjoying great Thai food, is one of the worst impacts of this great worldwide pandemic.

Time is ticking.

During these past few years, so much food, which would have been best eaten, has not been eaten.  Truly, this has been the greatest waste of this pandemic.

So many great Thai chiefs have not been able to strut their stuff during these past many months.

Such a travesty of wasted culinary delights, obviously.

So many great tastes in Thailand, and yet, during these past months, some of us have been existing on canned food, basically, as if we were dining in our home countries.

There is no doubt that this pandemic is coming to a close.

And, when it does, I will visit a restaurant to order something I love most.

What is your dream meal?

Something, some dish, you can only find here in Thailand.

If I were to die tomorrow from the virus, what is the dish I would regret not having eaten, just one more time?

I am sure I know.

And, yours?

Regards.

Glob

After so many months, food is more important than....even....sex.....

xzcmf_1600_900_2.jpg.30b7851b3967ef56242595a580bc63ae.jpg

This is not necessarily Thai food, and, actually, it is just 星洲炒米粉, xingzhouchaomifen.

Still, during this pandemic, this is one of the many wonderful dishes I miss most.

As regards Thai dishes I also miss, I would prefer not to think about them....

Too much sorrow when I think, too much, about what I have been missing.

I don't understand this post - as far as I am aware the restaurants (particularly "beaneries") in Thailand are open.

Anyway, I am just back in the UK after five months in Thailand during which I lost 3kg of my body mass - not much, but I'm a light guy and that is 5% of me wasted away. Now that I have access to my fantastic home cooking I am quickly regaining the weight - this evening I had my own version of Chicken a la King and it was superb!

Thai food? Meh! But that's just me and I would guess that I would be in a tiny minority on this site.

Edited by London Lowf
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, London Lowf said:

I don't understand this post - as far as I am aware the restaurants (particularly "beaneries") in Thailand are open.

Anyway, I am just back in the UK after five months in Thailand during which I lost 3kg of my body mass - not much, but I'm a light guy and that is 5% of me wasted away. Now that I have access to my fantastic home cooking I am quickly regaining the weight - this evening I had my own version of Chicken a la King and it was superb!

Thai food? Meh! But that's just me and I would guess that I would be in a tiny minority on this site.

Yeah they're open and most all Thai dishes were available for delivery during the shutdowns.

Next ... 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, London Lowf said:

Please just enjoy your food.

This is all that we should ask for on the Farang Pub.

Have you ever eaten an American meat loaf?

Although we cannot recommend it, still there are those that swear by it.

No reason to be a food snob.

Eat what you like.

Don't make excuses for eating what you love.

7Y5HI7QJUAI6PN46MDHX7UBY5E.jpg.0520ac6aec498ed330a76b69fab15cd2.jpg

Eat what you like:

Have Faith!

From an alternative, and more important, perspective....

There are many families who are more concerned with just getting enough calories each day to keep themselves and their children moving forward.  Many are not overly concerned with gourmet meals.

This fact is something that we all think about, especially these days.

7 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

From an alternative, and more important, perspective....

There are many families who are more concerned with just getting enough calories each day to keep themselves and their children moving forward.  Many are not overly concerned with gourmet meals.

This fact is something that we all think about, especially these days.

Don't think I have ever concerned myself with counting calories to ensure my intake was sufficient.

So No, it is not something we all think about.

36 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Don't think I have ever concerned myself with counting calories to ensure my intake was sufficient.

So No, it is not something we all think about.

Would your food taste better if you could know everyone had enough to eat? 

Every Tom, Dick, and Harry, as well as their children, too? 

2 hours ago, London Lowf said:

Going home now to, and cant wait to eat Bacalao, local smoked and salted lamb dishes, local food, fresh throat fished by myself, wild salomon, king crab, shrimps, fresh picked oysters, cheese, bread and also enjoy going back to work where the Norwegian offshore sector have a 5 star hotel buffet worthy. 

more than 2 years eating to catch up

During covid not missing one thai dish, but Norwegian food, yes, and chocolate

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Please just enjoy your food.

This is all that we should ask for on the Farang Pub.

Have you ever eaten an American meat loaf?

Although we cannot recommend it, still there are those that swear by it.

No reason to be a food snob.

Eat what you like.

Don't make excuses for eating what you love.

7Y5HI7QJUAI6PN46MDHX7UBY5E.jpg.0520ac6aec498ed330a76b69fab15cd2.jpg

Eat what you like:

Have Faith!

Just made one on Saturday. Girlfriend loves it.

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Going home now to, and cant wait to eat Bacalao, local smoked and salted lamb dishes, local food, fresh throat fished by myself, wild salomon, king crab, shrimps, fresh picked oysters, cheese, bread and also enjoy going back to work where the Norwegian offshore sector have a 5 star hotel buffet worthy. 

Drooling.....

I have not had decent cheese in almost 21 years, next month.

However, no better lamb can be found other than what you can get in DaLian, China.

download.jpg.6530cad3ad3e5e2c1599c09eb311c4fb.jpg

Wild salmon?

All this sounds really grand to me, after having eaten tuna from tins for 24 months.

In my opinion, the world's cuisines can be arranged in this type of hierarchy:

a.  Chinese

b. Thai

c. Italian

d.  comida española

e. Parts of Mexico (the good parts)

f. F, or French, and does anyone enjoy French Cooking?  Italian seems much better.

Food is important.

Hope you enjoy your fill of Norwegian delights, and perhaps some homecooked simple meals, as well.

Drooling like a mad dog, now.

Have eaten at most of the places on this top 10 list, and Bo Lan is the best for foodie Thai food. Nahm was good too, but a but more gimmicky than imaginative and not as good as Bo Lan.

https://www.hotels.com/go/thailand/best-bangkok-thai-restaurants

I've sent dozens of fellow tourists to Cabbages and Condoms off of Suk Road and in Jomtien too. Like the reference version of what each classic Thai dish should taste like.

I'm a bit stingy when it comes to paying for 5* Thai food, whereas for 5* Indian food, no hesitation.

20 hours ago, LaosLover said:

Have eaten at most of the places on this top 10 list, and Bo Lan is the best for foodie Thai food. Nahm was good too, but a but more gimmicky than imaginative and not as good as Bo Lan.

https://www.hotels.com/go/thailand/best-bangkok-thai-restaurants

I've sent dozens of fellow tourists to Cabbages and Condoms off of Suk Road and in Jomtien too. Like the reference version of what each classic Thai dish should taste like.

I'm a bit stingy when it comes to paying for 5* Thai food, whereas for 5* Indian food, no hesitation.

Rip off

On 3/14/2022 at 6:42 AM, Hummin said:

I haven't had chocolate since 2 years ago and nearly forgot about it. Now you reminded me, and I want some!  However, I have experienced some wonderful Northern Thai food that follows seasonal availability of local ingredients for the past 2 years.  But yeah, ... I miss good fresh fish too

On 3/13/2022 at 8:59 PM, London Lowf said:

His sole goal seems to be to come up with bizarre thread titles on this forum.

On 3/13/2022 at 1:59 PM, London Lowf said:

Double G doesn't realize this, as he doesn't live here - nor ever. 

Not a decent job disguising it either. 

Pretend game.

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The titles are mildly amusing but I can't bring myself to read the first posts.

Not sure how he can top the 'menopause' thread, as being the silliest yet. 

• Like 1