Would a pinned thread about good suppliers/products/installers be possible?

As I am starting to look into solar and batteries, I was wondering if there would be a way to have members who have gone this route to be able to recommend good products or services they came across, as well as any bad outcomes.  Just a suggestion, but it could be helpful to have feedback as a good resource.  

I have gone through a number of threads and I have seen some good info, but if there was a single thread that combined recommended products and service providers, that would be ideal for those looking into alternative energy.

• Like 1

No idea

but unfortunately is a Topic about BAD installers / Suppliers in Thailand impossible to open which IMHO would be very handy!

But that said, even a Good Installer in the opinion of Person Y could be a Bad installer in the opinion of Person Y

Edited by MJCM

You could give them ratings perhaps?

On a scale of 1 star to 5 stars.

That way you don't have to be too specific and incur the potential wrath of the defamation police. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Encid said:

That way you don't have to be too specific and incur the potential wrath of the defamation police. 

That wouldn't work as you don't know the reason for a good or bad review which is essential.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Encid said:

Yeah could do, but nothing worse then a angered supplier that would go after someone who only gave a 1 star rating ????

The only way I would do that is A) Open a New account here B) Connect to AN only by VPN

????

But this is going way :offtopic:

4 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

That wouldn't work as you don't know the reason for a good or bad review which is essential.

Yes absolutely! Emotions based reviews never a good idea!!

Edit: Especially in LoS ????

Edited by MJCM

As others have noted the problem with this type of thread is Thailand's draconian libel/defamation law. 

Such a thread would put excessive load / responsibility upon the moderation staff to avoid legal transgressions, so we simply don't do them (hence the "no name and shame" forum rule, anything for an easy life).

I have no problem with someone posting "I have an xyz inverter and it's great, I got it from Somchai Solar" or "I got a pqr inverter, I'm not really happy with it as it doesn't do export very well". 

Positive recommendation of your contractor in a thread about your system is generally OK but still needs watching in case someone else says "but I used them and they were useless!".

Probably best to exchange actual details of contractors via PM, "My contractor was great and operates nationally, PM me for details" kind of thing.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Crossy said:

I have no problem with someone posting "I have an xyz inverter and it's great, I got it from Somchai Solar" or "I got a pqr inverter, I'm not really happy with it as it doesn't do export very well". 

This is what I was thinking, but putting it in one thread.  "Solar panels zz have been great, but solar panel yy have not worked well and I have to keep replacing them".  

I was thinking particularly about products and not so much contractors due to the laws here. 

It might be good though if someone can state if it was a DIY, or they hired a contractor in any thread just so PM's could be exchanged in case it was a contractor install.

• Like 1