March 20, 20224 yr I write this thread to ask if anyone has ever had pancreas checkups in Thailand. I'm presenting with some symptoms but unsure if its a pancreas issue. Actually my late grandfather had pancreas problems and therefore I thought I should get a checkup. In Thailand whats the gold standard for checking the pancreas and what dr/ hospital do you recommend in Bangkok thanks
March 20, 20224 yr There is really no such thing as a "pancreas checkup" and there are no screening tests for pancreatic cancer. For pancreatitis, serum lipase is the best test. Any lab can do it. As to recommending a doctor I would first need some information as to the symptoms.
March 20, 20224 yr Sheryl is correct. They can run blood panels at any hospital. You might want to go private if they find anything. Public hospitals will be much cheaper for the initial test, a few hundred baht. They will give you copies of the test results so carry a folder or clipboard to collect up the paperwork. Also carry a thumb drive if you want a copy of any x-rays, scans, ultrasounds, etc. The thumbdrive is also a good place to put scans of your IDs and insurance.
Create an account or sign in to comment