Buying A New Vehicle

Pepsi Max

I wish to buy a new pick up in Thailand and have heard conflicting reports on the documentation required to register one in my name. At present I am on a yearly extension of a non-B and I also have a work permit. I have been told that if I have a work permit and a non-B I just need to supply the dealer with copies of my passport pages and work permit pages but if I'm on a non-O then I also have to get my address in Thailand certified by immigration or at my Embassy. What I really need to know is with my non-B and work permit do I still need to get my address certified to register the vehicle or will those two suffice.

Thanks for any help.

Pepsi

I bought my pick up a couple of years ago on finance and the original offer was 25% down and the rest over 2 to 5 years.

Eventually i had to put down 50% and i chose to pay over 2 years.

I was also asked for my work permit which i did not have at the time (it came a little later).

After I paid it off I changed the registration to my wifes name and was again asked about a work permit.

By then my job was finished and I was on a Thai Wife visa and I told the car registration people that. The answer was mai pen rai and they completed the paperwork no problem.

The finance company wanted 1300 baht to register the car in my name and 6200 baht to change it to my wifes name (at the same time).

I had to take the car to the Land Registration authority (I think) on Sukhumvit road near Sukhumvit 62. Took about 10 minutes and the paperwork was ready in 4 days.

I had no real problems. :o

When i bought my bike all i needed was copies of my work permit and passport and the originals for verification... no problems, i rode out on a shiney new bike about an hour or so later...

Guess a car/pickup will be about the same