Growing Medical Cannabis

RAZZELL

Has anyone looked into growing Medicinal Cannabis?

There are a few relatively old threads in the CBD Forum but not much recently?

Anyone looked into Licensing, Sales, CBD products etc etc

Many thanks

RAZZ

I know someone in the health dept heavily involved in licencing and inspecting farms. Theres a huge push from above to promote its use. 

I suggest you contact your local MOPH office for guidance.

From what I've heard in conversations its not a simple matter of planting some. Soils and product are sampled and have to pass regular tests for various unwanted minerals, chemicals etc. Regular farm inspections are carried out by Moph teams. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RAZZELL said:

Has anyone looked into growing Medicinal Cannabis?

Where do you live? At least the province.

How big an operation did you envision?

Most operations to date are corporate or cooperative.

Pathum Rat District in Roi Et province.

Contact your local representative, or BJT office, or MoPH.

276272784_4863438867066976_5101168109676086572_n.jpg

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RAZZELL said:

Live in Bkk but would be in Roi Et.

Are you a thai citizen?

I don't think you can participate if you are a foreigner?

Coops require 10-12 participants, 300,000 baht investment.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Are you a thai citizen?

I don't think you can participate if you are a foreigner?

Coops require 10-12 participants, 300,000 baht investment.

It would be the wife. Where did you get that figure from??

Is that for the several licences you need?

https://www.easternspectrum.com/about/#licenses

Another site to read:

https://www.easternspectrum.com/

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

50 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I prefer high THC cannabis.

Grow lamp 5,000bht

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/led-grow-light-hlg-samsung-lm301h-v3-120240320480600-watt-meanwell-driver-indoor-grow-light-i1541120030-s4105680284.html?&search=pdp_v2v

A few feminised seeds $5-$10

https://www.cannabis-seeds-store.co.uk/

And a cupboard under the stairs ....... all very easy (so a friend tells me).

There must be some stain that we can just throw seeds around and it will grow in the wild naturally, mustn't there ?

1 minute ago, Farma said:

Was talking to someone involved in veterinary research last weekend and he mentioned they're currently looking at including the seeds in bird feed. 

Great, get it growing everywhere with the birds spreading it, plus of course they will fly even higher if they eat them ????

53 minutes ago, RAZZELL said:

Where did you get that figure from??

Honestly, from memory from one of thousands of articles on the subject. Of course I can't find it now. That figure may have been one single coop, or the government's target size based on GPO contracts?

I think you need a lot of equipment, security, electricity (light dep), and contracts, like with the GPO and/or a hospital, for the finished crop(s).

The BAAC was providing loans.

I think you're talking this level, and not a closet grow?

I'd have the wife snoop around Roi Et. Have her look for a BJT rep on FB who was in Roi Et yesterday. Of course I can't find his FB post either.

9 minutes ago, Farma said:

Was talking to someone involved in veterinary research last weekend and he mentioned they're currently looking at including the seeds in bird feed. 

I think Hemp seeds, maybe used to make oils/powders for food and health industries, are an expected commodity here. Have seen some quotes on these per kilo.

Many countries far ahead so thailand will have to rely on domestic uses, maybe export some finished goods like soap?

13 minutes ago, Excel said:

Great, get it growing everywhere with the birds spreading it, plus of course they will fly even higher if they eat them ????

Sure. ????

• Like 1

Investment for even a small grow goes into millions of baht because of security such as fencing, cctv etc.

Plus add a greenhouse, water system etc.

The licensing fees are not cheap, starting at 100.000 baht for the first visit of FDA / MOPH.

I work for a company in CM, 30 million budget for start-up and covering running costs for the first two years until hopefully profits come in.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, CLW said:

I work for a company in CM, 30 million budget for start-up

Is that USD, CAD, THB?

Biomass production (growing)? Extraction/processing?

Are you free to share the name of this company?

Chiang Mai seems to be a focus, perhaps because of affiliations with Maejo University?

The investment levels here, in all facets related to cannabis, are mind-blowing. The amount of foreign investment is also surprising.

R&B Food has the first Hemp Extraction license. 

Hemp ingredient industry to drive next S-curve RBF is the first company in Thailand to obtain a CBD extraction license, after years of preparation. Hence, RBF is in pole position in the lucrative hemp ingredient industry. We expect the CBD unit to record Bt1.5b revenue in FY22F and Bt2b in FY25F (+10% p.a. CAGR). This
represents 12.6% share of Thailand’s hemp ingredient market which Krungsri Research forecasts would be worth Bt15b by 2025.

https://www.krungsrisecurities.com/images.aspx?filename=http://www.krungsrisecurities.com/uploads/2021/09/research_en_US_16914_1_RBF_210906_I.pdf

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Is that USD, CAD, THB?

Biomass production (growing)? Extraction/processing?

Are you free to share the name of this company?

Chiang Mai seems to be a focus, perhaps because of affiliations with Maejo University?

The investment levels here, in all facets related to cannabis, are mind-blowing. The amount of foreign investment is also surprising.

R&B Food has the first Hemp Extraction license. 

Hemp ingredient industry to drive next S-curve RBF is the first company in Thailand to obtain a CBD extraction license, after years of preparation. Hence, RBF is in pole position in the lucrative hemp ingredient industry. We expect the CBD unit to record Bt1.5b revenue in FY22F and Bt2b in FY25F (+10% p.a. CAGR). This
represents 12.6% share of Thailand’s hemp ingredient market which Krungsri Research forecasts would be worth Bt15b by 2025.

https://www.krungsrisecurities.com/images.aspx?filename=http://www.krungsrisecurities.com/uploads/2021/09/research_en_US_16914_1_RBF_210906_I.pdf

30 million Thai baht. 

For the beginning, biomass production only (seeds, leaves, roots), 5 rai outdoor plus 320 sqm greenhouse for flowers. Extraction will be done by partners or by ourself at a later stage.

At the moment, I can't tell you the name. Anyway, not much happening until now, it's mainly construction and land preparation. I'll be posting in this forum from time to time if something new comes up.

Re: R&B Food, many companies have now a license to extract CBD, but only a few are allowed to extract THC. As far as I know it's mostly GPO and Ministry of Public Health, that farms are selling their THC raw materials to.

Edited by CLW
  • Like 1

On 3/29/2022 at 5:43 PM, mtls2005 said:

277484386_1145663859527360_7737869812249729357_n.jpg

I guess this is lost in translation. Usually or common ingredient in toothpaste or other cosemtics is hemp seed oil. Though I can't rule out they use hemp seed powder as abrasive

• 2 months later...