Securing a bond to assist with a tourist visa to the US

I would like to sponsor a Thai national is getting a tourist visa to the USA. I am willing to assume financial responsibility and ensure she returns to Thailand prior to the visa expiration. In addition to the affidavit forms, would it help her case with immigration if I were to purchase a security bond on her behalf - if so, where can I purchase such a bond?

• Confused 1

I don't know if such a financial  'instrument' exists.  Should suffice if  1 or more of the following

You have a long term association in Thailand .  House / business etc ..ie roots here

She has property or land here

She has a salaried job here with a recognisable company 

She has children here.

Good luck, sorry I can't be of more help.

I think there is little to no chance that it would impact the final decision, to be frank.  I would be surprised if the consular officer gave it more than a passing glance, if that, on the day of the visa interview.  But, if you are willing to go through the time and expense of acquiring such a bond (presuming it is even possible), I don’t see how it would negatively impact the visa application.  So, can’t hurt but won’t help.

• Like 2

I agree with several of the previous comments.

The only form I know of is the I-134, affidavit of support, and that only applies to those applying for immigrant visas.

I've never heard of anything similar for tourist visas

Sorry, no bar girl cum online infatuation sponsorships for you to get laid.

No such thing and not required for B visa. Anything else like ability to work will have all together different criteria.

Furthermore, you really don't want to do this. She owes nothing to you and could easily do a runner.

never heard of that being done...

but the basic answer from the govt will be that you cannot be sure what another person might do... 

you cannot guarantee what she might do - - a bond is an interesting proposition but what would be the costs involved in tracking her down and deporting her? 

good luck.

Edited by 1FinickyOne

5 hours ago, Will B Good said:

In my experience (UK) immigration only have one question in mind........what will ensure that she has to (or will want to) return to Thailand.

The question is about the US though not the UK.

There is certainly no such thing for the UK, in fact such an offer is specifically excluded in the guidance to UKVI decision makers, I suspect the same applies for US applicants.

• Like 1