What A Bad Few Days...

bkkmick

Hi

On Wednesday morning I woke up to discover that our London based server had gone offline. I tried accessing it via Remote Control but couldn't get access. I phoned a sleepy sounding support guy to hiim to reboot it only to discover that the problem was more involved.

Anyway, in the end they decided to migrate all our software/data to a new server. About 20 minutes ago they finally applied the secure server certificate and our site's back up and running again.

We have one problem that support don't seem to want to handle or cannot sort out:

We use MailEnable to handle all our emails and to send email via .ASP.

I've managed to install MailEnable and get our email addresses working again but online it just won't work. I get the following error message when the system tries to send out an email:

================================

Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'

Server.CreateObject Failed

/nsemailcustomer.asp, line 467

800401f3

================================

The code on line 467 is : Set Mail = Server.CreateObject("Persits.MailSender")

I don't know how popular MailEnable is (or if anyone has heard of it) but I'm open to any ideas to solve this problem.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

All the best

Mick

Yea, Traveller I thought that. They have a utility that supposedly re-registers all components. I ran that but it's just the same.

Back to scratching my head.

Mick

In which case is the component actually available on the new server? A quick review suggest that this error is primarily caused by either non registration, or missing component, e.g. not part of the IIS build.

Had a similar problem with a unix server where the graphic library had not been installed as part of the standard build, so dynamic sizing failed. Once the ISP recompiled with the lib all was well.

Is there a similar utility to phpinfo() in asp?

Regards

Not an answer to my question but came across this Link

Page Link

/edit typo //

Edited by A_Traveller

Thanks Phil, useful.

Traveller and Crushdepth - Got it sorted. Bad information from the support desk. MailEnable is used for general email addresses and ASPEmail is used for sending emails via ASP.

I've installed that and it seems to be working now. Phew.

All the best

Mick