Refunds during covid with Airlines

December 2019 booked  a ticket withAir  Franc,e May 2020 THEY  cancelled the flight which is  important for your rights, I  asked if I could  just  have an open ticket  as didnt know when things were  going to improve they agreed  ok, Ticket 65k baht . December 2020  still  couldnt book a flight due to covid regs,mailed  Air France  Thailand  ticket ok ,just have to pay any fare  difference when re  book. March 2021 Same answer, March 2022 they inform me when I asked that ticket is expired and no refund!!!!

Never  one to give up I  asked them many questions, nope no refund pointed out some of their ads  state ALL tickets refundable  until 2022 MARCH, applied online for their refund, first answer no refund, applied  again using klm site (air  france  klm same same) second answer  no refund, all dealt with in Thailand.

Getting more peed  off  with them as theyd  had that money +2  years I contacted Air  France IN FRANCE told them I wanted a  refund or would  have to go through ADR (alternative dispute  resolution)  in the UK ( Uk citizen) 2  days  later  full refund to my UK  bank.

The question is though WHY AIr France  Thailand declined  both times stating ticket expired, incompetence? theft? what?......

When mentioning a  refund in Thailand with Thai staff they said if  approved 2  months to refund....

Reeks  more of something if you ask me, have informed the Thai Air France that French  AIr France has refunded me, doubt there  will be any response.

The main thing is they really have no understanding of what I was  asking/telling them, the AIR FRANCE  hea d office in Paris  needs to give them a good  kick in the behind.

Makes  me  wonder  how  many other Air France /KLM  customers  gave up when told  no refund in Thailand, Air France  Paris actually  phoned me in Thailand  about the refund and  settled it real  fast.

Edited by Rampant Rabbit

10 hours ago, Klonko said:

Still waiting for refund from Thai Airways for flight canceled in April 2020. Don't care much, there are other airlines with refund track record.

Its  more  about Tha THAI Air  France  response  (poor) a s opposed to the FRENCH  Air  France  response (better)

Probably no-one in Air France Thailand office with the initiative or authority to do what's right.  Once you got in touch with the main office someone dealt with it properly.  Lesson to learn is to deal with HQ wherever possible.