Everyone’s nightmare—Underground water leak.

oxo1947

I know people want to be helpful with ideas, but yes it is definitely a leak under the concrete.

All the checks have been done, water tank/toilets/capping off etc  . First by me then 2 separate (Plumbers ?? ) Chaings . 2 story house everything under concrete -not an inch of dirt.

I have been through different threads on numerous sites for ideas. On this site Andrew Dwyer’s thread was useful and I contacted Andrew who was very helpful with photos etc.

In the end he took the option of re-piping his house, he made a good job of it by boxing the pipes in. 

Before I take that step, just 2 things if anyone can shed some light on them.

1/ Liquid filler, I don’t know if it works as well as they show on YouTube -but there doesn’t seem to be anything like it in Thailand. I have tried to contact a few overseas company’s but at the moment I am stuck between Easter & Songarn .  I will try to DHL some of it over—just finding the nearest country to access it from.  If it does work, Homepro or someone should start importing it.

I know on the new Hybrid cars, the battery is so large on some, that they do not have room for a spare tire—so they give you a large aerosol can that seals the air leak. You would think that if they could stop air coming out, they could stop water—but what do I know -nofing--:omfg:

2/ A technician with the equipment for detecting leaks, I can find lots of them for commercial problems, but they do not want to deal with homes. I don’t care if they’re in BKK (I am in Issan) I would fly them up put them in a hotel. So frustrating, hunting around for one, Google even directed me to Malaysia, Big advert there- “We have the best equipment, if you have a house leak under Wood/Concrete/ Tiles, If we cannot find it–We won’t charge you.

There—another Business if someone wants to start one.

I looked at different equipment—what they have here is quite low Tec…. The one at Lazada / same as what Amazon sells doesn’t have great write ups. (see pic)

Lazada Equipment

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/hy929-i3404353728-s12588021889.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.1.7a8249f55cnAQR&search=1

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Don't know what sort problem it would be for you but if I get a under house buried water pipe leak I would run new pipes from the gov water source or new pipes from before the location of the leak.

Yer its a 2 story home---so basically run pipes upstairs for toilets shows etc downstairs the same with sinks outside taps etc..... If its the only answer--then yer that will be it.

21 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Don't know what sort problem it would be for you but if I get a under house buried water pipe leak I would run new pipes from the gov water source or new pipes from before the location of the leak.

While running new pipes from before the leak sounds a simple fix it isn’t ( i repiped my house to 14 different points) it’s time consuming, costly and unsightly, especially as the op is in a 2 storey house.

The op is aware of what needs to be done but before going this route he is seeking advice from anyone who has any experience with :

a ) a “ leak fix” type of solution as in the video he posted

or

b ) anyone who has had any leak detection undertaken preferably in the Isaan area.

• Thanks 1

I had your problem last year. After six month of investigation and ripped open walls (fol sule, mister, leak is thele, 100 plocent...), I decided to go with complete repiping, pipes around the house, directly inside the wet rooms, added warm water pipes at the same time, added separate stoppers for each junction 

Haven't found anything and anybody in Thailand, who is fit for finding and fixing underground leaks. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

( i repiped my house to 14 different points) it’s time consuming, costly and unsightly, especially as the op is in a 2 storey house.

Not unsightly if planned and carried out in a workmanlike way.

4 hours ago, bluejets said:

Note that pipefuz is for unpotable water only.

i.e. not for any drinking water application.

I didn't see that bluejets--thank you for pointing it out.

I am waiting for them to answer my e-mails. However it makes it confusing when they then advertise a home owners kit to fix--I never drink from the tap, have an indoor filtering system-and that water is only used for boiling (Coffee etc) ---I guess I will have to wait for an answer from them---Thanks again

--------------------

Are you a DIY type that can take the situation in to his/her own hands? The Homeowner Kit is made for the homeowner that knows they have a leak and simply can’t find someone who can let them know what it is and what it might cost to repair it without a hassle.

If you know there’s a leak and it falls under the category of “fixable with PipeFuze” (see our verification video) than this is the kit you need. Works from ½ inch lines to 2 ½ inch lines. Geared for residential use,

• 2 weeks later...