Used Honda PCX - What's it worth?

blackcab

A slightly unusual question for the experts.

Honda PCX first registered January 2560, so a little over 5 years old.

Blue coloured body with gold coloured wheels.

A genuine 344 kilometres on the clock. Basically the owner bought it, rode it a bit then put it away in the garage.

It's basically immaculate. The battery has been recently changed and the fuel has also recently been syphoned out of the tank and changed.

It has both keys, green book, original invoice. It has been taxed throughout the 5 years and it is currently taxed.

I know the owner personally, and I know it's been sitting in his garage all this time.

The original invoice is for 89,000 baht.

Q1: What's it worth now if it was advertised for sale online?

Q2: What is the best place to advertise the bike for sale? It's located in central Bangkok.

Thank you for your help.

Between 50 and 55k my best guess.

I would have made sure the oil was changed before it was started if it had been not used for years, but that experts often dissagree a out if essential or not.

Tires need to be changed and brake fluid as well a good inspection on the brakes itself.

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I sold my 2017 Honda PCX 150cc in January , it was Blue with Gold wheels , 5200 km , one owner and as brand new condition. I advertised it for 70,000 and had about 15 inquiries , it sold almost immediately for the full price of 70,000.

52854thumb.0.jpg

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Brick Top said:

I sold my 2017 Honda PCX 150cc in January , it was Blue with Gold wheels , 5200 km , one owner and as brand new condition. I advertised it for 70,000 and had about 15 inquiries , it sold almost immediately for the full price of 70,000.

52854thumb.0.jpg

You sold it to another foreigner?

That is a good return price for an 5 year old bike.

Anyway me personally would not pay that much for a bike just sitting for 5 years. But I'm sure he can be lucky and get more than I suggested if he find the right buyer.

54 minutes ago, Hummin said:

You sold it to another foreigner?

That is a good return price for an 5 year old bike.

Anyway me personally would not pay that much for a bike just sitting for 5 years. But I'm sure he can be lucky and get more than I suggested if he find the right buyer.

This was in Phuket and 3 months ago in January there seemed to be a shortage of secondhand PCX's , so that's probably why I so many inquiries and got the full asking price

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

It is probably worth more with the very low mileage, my guess would be 70,000 baht.

We can hope that's the case for seller, but as an buyer I would not see that as advantage. Everything age, even just sitting still. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brick Top said:

I would have thought that wheels alone should fetch more than 70,000. What's the point of these wheels? To lower the center of gravity?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Hummin said:

We can hope that's the case for seller, but as an buyer I would not see that as advantage. Everything age, even just sitting still. 

You may be right, polymers such as fuel tubes, brake cables, seals etc. do get old. OTOH, there is no metal wear going on.

I bought a 2006 Toyota Vios because it only had 83,000 km on the odometer, and had obviously been cared for. In terms of year of manufacture, it was already an old vehicle.

I still drive it, now at 175,000 km. Has never missed a beat. One of my better used car purchases. My Thai mechanic loves servicing it, because he says it is so simple.

Same with an old Yamaha TTX I bought because it only had done 8000 km. Now at 27,000 km, I recently spent 4000 baht upgrading all the consumables on it. Again, trouble-free.

My GF's daughter bought a 2018 Honda City with 220,000 km on the clock. It's been a money pit, blown one engine.

You don't see low miles as a plus on a secondhand vehicle, I do.

Edited by Lacessit
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You don't see low miles as a plus on a secondhand vehicle, I do.

When you bought your car at 83k, means it had been in daily use, and also serviced and maintained, and not had been sitting still for years. 

I wouldn't say 83k is low, since that's normally 4-6 years driving milage.

The bike can be as new for all I know, i just wrote what my best guess is.  Now he have suggestions from a few of us what we think is a reasonable price for it.

I might ask the ones who sold their pcx for 60-70k if they would have bought this bike for their price knowing it had been sitting for 5 years?

8 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I wouldn't say 83k is low, since that's normally 4-6 years driving milage.

The bike can be as new for all I know, i just wrote what my best guess is.  Now he have suggestions from a few of us what we think is a reasonable price for it.

IIRC, the car was already 9 years old when I bought it.

If the bike has only 300 clicks on it, and the OP has said it is in immaculate condition, you would only confirm that by inspection.

Who knows, at your quote if the buyer is willing to sell, someone may be getting a bargain.

20 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

IIRC, the car was already 9 years old when I bought it.

If the bike has only 300 clicks on it, and the OP has said it is in immaculate condition, you would only confirm that by inspection.

Who knows, at your quote if the buyer is willing to sell, someone may be getting a bargain.

9k a year? ????

Listen, I'm not here to argue, just share an opinion. Have a good evening

Edited by Hummin