Mango and sticky rice: Now it comes with a government health warning

webfact

Sticky rice has another health effect the health authorities forgot to mention. It does a great job in constipating my GF, which is why I never eat it. It binds her up for 3 or 4 days.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Lay off the coconut milk used as a syrup for the mango and sticky rice and you be ok. Coconut milk is high in fat and harmful to your blood sugar levels. The Glycemic index for coconut milk is 70 and above which is the highest index range and extremely high sugar level. 

My wife has diabetes and her doctors tell her sticky rice is by far the biggest culprit because being Isaan its consumed every day.  Good thing she doesnt eat Thai pizza every day or she would have been dead years ago!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

Lay off the coconut milk used as a syrup for the mango and sticky rice and you be ok. Coconut milk is high in fat and harmful to your blood sugar levels. The Glycemic index for coconut milk is 70 and above which is the highest index range and extremely high sugar level. 

Is this written anywhere in Thai?  My GF inhales it almost daily.

20 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Sticky rice has another health effect the health authorities forgot to mention. It does a great job in constipating my GF, which is why I never eat it. It binds her up for 3 or 4 days.

This is the wrong forum to be discussing bondage, wife or otherwise.

(I know, I know. Pretty lame but I couldn't resist. No offense intended. ????

• Haha 1

On 4/19/2022 at 11:48 AM, Eric Loh said:

Unsweetened coconut milk, not the mango sticky rice dish, can be fine for diabetics. Explained here:

https://www.beatdiabetesapp.in/is-coconut-milk-good-for-diabetics-5-benefits-daily-limits/

1 hour ago, RocketDog said:

This is the wrong forum to be discussing bondage, wife or otherwise.

(I know, I know. Pretty lame but I couldn't resist. No offense intended. ????

You're forgiven, but you should not be putting evil thoughts in my head. I have enough already.

I know, I stole the line from Tyrion Lannister.

Warning of mango and sticky rice.

They can have that for cheap.

Would they have the courage to point to the terribly unhealthy junk that is sold at 7/11 and others?

Would they name Oreo? Fanta? Coke? And xxx other stuff.

Guess not.

Look around and see the little jumbo kids and tell me that's from mango and sticky rice.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Why the ridicule ?

These are the some folks recommending multiple vax'ing, booster, social distancing, ATK testing, etc etc etc, from smoking to drinking and all aspects so you have a healthy life.  Just shows they care.

Are you allowed to pick and choose which advice to ridicule or follow ?

Hmm .... 

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

You're forgiven, but you should not be putting evil thoughts in my head. I have enough already.

I know, I stole the line from Tyrion Lannister.

See,there's where I have an edge.

My thoughts are random collections of words drifting aimlessly through a semi-permeable tissue mass (my Swiss cheese brain) with many leaking out my ears. No lack of cerebral open space. You can see forever.

My excuse is a gluttonous  appetite for drugs during my misspent youth. That may or may not be true; I just can't remember.

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Would they have the courage to point to the terribly unhealthy junk that is sold at 7/11 and others?

Guess not.

Look around and see the little jumbo kids and tell me that's from mango and sticky rice.

I know it's cruel but I can't help wondering how far some of those tykes would roll if I pushed them over. Just passing thoughts I never actualize.

15 hours ago, mahtin said:

Just what is complimentary medicine? Sounds dangerously sycophantic to me.

Complimentary medicine is the same as alternative medicine. What is the word for alternative medicine that has been proven to work?

Medicine.

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Guess not.

Pretty obvious, Maccas, KFC and Pizza Hut.

• Like 1