Which Pattaya Restaurants Gave You Food Poisioning?

Weho

Chicky chick chicken stand outside 7/11 on Pattaya Tai/Soi Kohpai corner, these places i have had stuff from before, but ate there as i was in a hurry getting ready for a road trip to Phuket, i spent 4 hours emptying everything before the trip, felt ok after it but i have only been that sick out at sea sailing before, you know the kind of sickness where you feel like your going to die, but later it gets worse then you wish you could die.

Chicky chick chicken stand outside 7/11 on Pattaya Tai/Soi Kohpai corner, these places i have had stuff from before, but ate there as i was in a hurry getting ready for a road trip to Phuket, i spent 4 hours emptying everything before the trip, felt ok after it but i have only been that sick out at sea sailing before, you know the kind of sickness where you feel like your going to die, but later it gets worse then you wish you could die.

That sounds like SOME evacuation. Did you ever get to the "spin art" stage?

Sounds like a rough place. Maybe you should wear those plastic gloves... maybe a mask too.

For the record, my worst food poisioning was outside Mexico City... I was on some day bus tour, and we stopped at this huge cave which was a restaurant... it was quite beautiful... I think the salad, probably washed with tainted water, did me in. I had lunch at the restaurant... and around dinner time, while in another restaurant, before the food arrived... well, let's just say it wasn't pretty.

Not pretty at all. I don't fault anyone but myself for poor judgement. I should have known better... but the Mexican lettuce looked so good! If anyone knows the restaurant/cave I'm referring to, please refresh my memory with the name, and/or a picture from the webnet thing would be great... i'll make it my screensaver... Really, it was a beautiful restaurant. I never got sick from food in Thailand...

That sounds like SOME evacuation. Did you ever get to the "spin art" stage?

Sounds like a rough place. Maybe you should wear those plastic gloves... maybe a mask too.

For the record, my worst food poisioning was outside Mexico City... I was on some day bus tour, and we stopped at this huge cave which was a restaurant... it was quite beautiful... I think the salad, probably washed with tainted water, did me in. I had lunch at the restaurant... and around dinner time, while in another restaurant, before the food arrived... well, let's just say it wasn't pretty.

Not pretty at all. I don't fault anyone but myself for poor judgement. I should have known better... but the Mexican lettuce looked so good! If anyone knows the restaurant/cave I'm referring to, please refresh my memory with the name, and/or a picture from the webnet thing would be great... i'll make it my screensaver... Really, it was a beautiful restaurant. I never got sick from food in Thailand...

It wasnt that bad quite, Phuket Soi Bangla, Hamburger from the restaurant on the corner of Soi Viking as it was known then back in 1999, ended up at Doc's 2 litres of drip stuck back into me, tablets, drove me home after keeping me in their Hotel like accomodation above the surgery where a nurse looked after me all day - 2100 baht

Best pal in the industry points his fingers at mayo every time. Hot climate, mayo left out, whamo.

I totally concur with that. The mayonaisey stuff should also be avoided cause it's simply not healthy, and in my mind, doesn't even taste good.

And cross-contamination, by infected people handling ladels, then rubbing their eyes, nose, scratching, open sores, crotch, etc., then touching another ladel... It would be best to bring some disposible thin plastic gloves to a buffet/salad bar situation.

ANOTHER ABSOLUTE GEM WEHO,BUT PLEASE TELL ME "PLASTIC GLOVES" THAT WAS A JOKE YEAH?????????

A joke? Well, what's funnier:

1. plastic gloves at a buffet/salad bar

or...

2. a week and 40,000 baht in the hospital, the worst 30 minutes of your life, "Spin art", cramps, fever, etc?

Be sure to read the current headline article on TV's home page about FOOD POISIONING here...

Oh, and remember to wash your hands frequently... and when exiting a restroom door, DON'T touch that filthy doorknob with your just cleaned hands... grab a towel, toilet paper, or even your sleeve or shirt, and use THAT to open the door... or you can do what I do, which is wait for someone else to come in or out, and "piggy back" out the bathroom door with them... DON'T TOUCH THAT DOOR KNOB!

weho, you dont say if your a bloke or a bird, ok, so how do you dress?

so maybe you dress 50/50, in a gents toilet, piggy backing someone, whilst having rubber gloves on, grabing a knob, or two, and you offer this advice!! hee heee heee, no wonder you get into some scrapes, you silly little tinker!

fun fun out.

I dress real butch... like a lesbian dresses. In fact, I wear the same clothes that Ellen Degeneres (new talk show on Star World channel) wears every day. Real butch... a lot of flannel shirts, bolo ties, a pickup truck, no makeup, and I uses cats to accessorize with.

going by your description i think ive just seen you in crazy daves :o

"About a year ago, I went with some geezer who picked me up on Walking Street, and we went to XYZ Restaurant... we each ordered different things. geezer ordered some haggis and an extra bowl of rice which he refused to pay for... I was feeling for Uzbek food, so I ordered shorpa followed by shashlyk washed down with some shampanski... I know geezer got sick from the haggis, cause geezer had nothing else to eat there. When we got back to his backpackers hostel, let's just say I had the worst thirty seconds of my life….then geezer went to the krapski to do some painting, ever hear of "spin art"? Maybe it was a diseased sheep, or maybe the stomach just wasn't clean...After 30 minuets geezer comes out of the krapski wearing orange rubber gloves and he says “you think that’s funny” I just laugh very loud at him he rambles on about how much the evening has cost him and left me zero tip. While in Thailand, I am now very cautious about whom I eat with.

:o:D

"About a year ago, I went with some geezer who picked me up on Walking Street, and we went to XYZ Restaurant... we each ordered different things. geezer ordered some haggis and an extra bowl of rice which he refused to pay for... I was feeling for Uzbek food, so I ordered shorpa followed by shashlyk washed down with some shampanski... I know geezer got sick from the haggis, cause geezer had nothing else to eat there. When we got back to his backpackers hostel, let's just say I had the worst thirty seconds of my life….then geezer went to the krapski to do some painting, ever hear of "spin art"? Maybe it was a diseased sheep, or maybe the stomach just wasn't clean...After 30 minuets geezer comes out of the krapski wearing orange rubber gloves and he says “you think that’s funny” I just laugh very loud at him he rambles on about how much the evening has cost him and left me zero tip. While in Thailand, I am now very cautious about whom I eat with.

What a vivid description! Where is the XYZ Restaurant-- is that near Tuk-Com? and how is their haggis? Do they get local goats for the stomach lining or do they fly them in from Aberdeen?

That was you???

You forgot about my yellow rubber boots that I put on. You can't be too safe.

I don't call it "food poisoning", I leave that term for the drama queens.

Only place I ever got a dose of the squits was Fawlty Towers on soi 7 from liver and bacon with gravy, mashed tatties and peas - bluddy delicious it was too. It was a one off as I ate there many times in it's old location just off soi 7 and it's current one assuming it's still there.

I avoid buffet food like the salad bars at sh1teholes like Sizzlers because you just don't know how long the food has been out let alone how it was prepared besides which the food in such places is mass produced guano unfit for human consumption.

When I am in Thailand 90% of the time I eat Thai food prepared by Thais and predominantly served to Thais. Quite why anyone travels to any country and then studiously avoids the local cuisine is totally beyond my comprehension. But then some people do have such utterly delicate constitutions that prevent them from living life.

am i missing something there phil

In my never ending search for perfection, here is my field report on food poisoning.

Last March, I went with a prostitute that I just picked up on Walking Street, and we went to the fully air conditioned Tequila Reef Restaurant...we each ordered different things. She ordered some pasta and was fine...I was feeling for Mexican food, so I ordered the Chili Burrito...I know I got sick from the Burrito, cause I had nothing else to eat there or the entire day before I ate at Tequila Reef. When I got back to my small bungalow, let's just say I had the worst six hours of my life....ever hear of "spin art"? Maybe it was a diseased buffalo or the soft corn tortilla just wasn't fresh....While in Thailand, I am now very cautious about ordering Mexican dishes. Especially Chili Burritos.

I welcome critiques on my writing style. :o

First, I would like to comment on your excellent writing style... truly well done! In the future, it's not necessary to have to go all the way to Walking Street to find women of "that category"... hookers are also available on 3rd Road, as well as Second Road. And I'm amazed that you referenced "spin art", just like I did! We must have something in common. For the record, I was at Mike's Mexican Restaurant, Cantina and "Good Time" Supper Club last night, on Teppraya Road... had two beef tacos... delicious, and no "spin art" effect. Friendly service too. It's right across from the Seven Oaks Inn, (I didn't see any oaks there though).

There is nothing safer than pasta puttanesca!

Quite why anyone travels to any country and then studiously avoids the local cuisine is totally beyond my comprehension.

Maybe they don't like it.

I'm not crazy about Thai food, but I love Japanese and Vietnamese, but I don't want to live there.

same same as me......I can't stand the fish sauce, it smells and tastes just like what it is, putrid fish!