Thai SS for household employees

We have two staff. My wife gives them 300 baht each month on top of their pay. This is for SS. My wife says they are responsible for paying the money to the fund. I tend to see it that they use it to get drunk once a month.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

We have two staff. My wife gives them 300 baht each month on top of their pay. This is for SS. My wife says they are responsible for paying the money to the fund. I tend to see it that they use it to get drunk once a month.

That's not nearly enough, the employee must pay minimum 432 Baht.. And the employer 5% of their salary.

15 hours ago, henry15 said:

That's not nearly enough, the employee must pay minimum 432 Baht.. And the employer 5% of their salary.

No, you are thinking of the voluntary extension for health coverage, for example after active working life. The SS minimum is 500 baht, normally with half to be paid from the employer and the other half by the employed, i.e. 250 baht each. The rate varies year-by-year, but is normally 10 percent, however maximum 1,500 baht per month. At the moment the rates are educed due to Covid...????

Edited by khunPer