Bangkok Suffers Traffic Congestion on Full-scale School Reopening

webfact

image.jpeg

BANGKOK, May 17 (TNA) – Commuters faced traffic congestion in many areas in Bangkok as over 800,000 students returned to 1,277 schools on the first day of this academic year.

Pol Gen Damrongsak Kittipraphat, deputy commissioner-general of the Royal Thai Police Office, said traffic congestion happened because schools resumed their full-scale on-site services but traffic police could handle it with their planned measures.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

He ordered traffic police to draw lessons from traffic conditions this morning to improve their measures to facilitate traffic flows this evening.

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-943020

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai News Agency 2022-05-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Pol Gen Damrongsak Kittipraphat, deputy commissioner-general of the Royal Thai Police Office, said traffic congestion happened because schools resumed their full-scale on-site services but traffic police could handle it with their planned measures.

Welcome back to morning grid-lock, I wonder how many of those vehicles had a driver and one passenger?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Welcome back to morning grid-lock, I wonder how many of those vehicles had a driver and one passenger?

When I worked at a large school in Chonburi, it amazed me how there was no program for the parents to drop their kids off at a very vacant lot just a few clicks away then bus them to the campus. Of course recommending it to the admins fell on deaf ears.

• Like 1