Alleged air-conditioning serviceman scam reported in Sri Racha with two victims involved

snoop1130

42055-696x394.jpg

An air-conditioning serviceman on Facebook allegedly deceived two victims in Sri Racha, causing them to lose 16,000 baht after the supposed repairman vanished.

Today, May 17th, Ms. Chantisa Sap-anansuk (46) and Ms. Wannee Singkaew (35), contacted The Pattaya News about an alleged air-conditioning serviceman on Facebook involved in a reported scam that happened on May 2nd. 

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

According to Ms. Chantisa’s statement, she hired an air-conditioning service on Facebook on May 2nd to clean her air conditioner, but it broke again after a few days, so on May 9th, she contacted the same repairman who was later identified as Saharak Jiraphan, who requested a 3,000 baht deposit in advance for replacement parts. The repairman, however, deleted all of the Facebook posts about the air-conditioning service later and allegedly fled.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/05/17/alleged-air-conditioning-serviceman-scam-reported-in-sri-racha-with-two-victims-involved/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-05-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

I’m wondering who you can trust.  The air conditioner in my bedroom has been not cooling properly.  It is almost two years old.  it is a major brand in Thailand which I won’t mention.  And they were contacted and sent their technicians to diagnose and repair it.

They come here a number of times again tomorrow.  Still not working properly.  Will not maintain temperature running long term.

First time technicians said nothing wrong after only turning it on for about 15 minutes.   A week later chief technician comes out.  An engineer from the company recommends changing circuit board and temperature sensor.  Still not running properly.  Two weeks later a manager comes .  Checks system for leaks.  Says no leaks but refrigerant is low and replaced it. Still not running properly. A  week later another tech comes out.  Says evaporator unit  is leaking and needs to be replaced . They replaced evaporator.  But still not running properly especially long term. So tomorrow manager comes back with an engineer.

They only charged for one service call and the sensor and circuit board but nothing else.  It’s like a comedy show.

Some of the prices that get quoted on here ---seem a little OTT.    If its just a standard clean, I do it myself, but if its (what I call ) a deep clean, using the vacuum machine and checking gas level etc , then I have to pay 400--500 baht.  I know things in Issan are a lot cheaper, but 3,000 baht to clean your air con.   Come on--that's just mad.

1 hour ago, oxo1947 said:

Some of the prices that get quoted on here ---seem a little OTT.    If its just a standard clean, I do it myself, but if its (what I call ) a deep clean, using the vacuum machine and checking gas level etc , then I have to pay 400--500 baht.  I know things in Issan are a lot cheaper, but 3,000 baht to clean your air con.   Come on--that's just mad.

You misread. During cleaning he broke aircon, then asked for 3000 baht deposit to buy parts he broke to fix it, but instead deleted posts and disappeared.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

You misread. During cleaning he broke aircon, then asked for 3000 baht deposit to buy parts he broke to fix it, but instead deleted posts and disappeared.

Your right........another trip to Spec savers..........:w00t:

On 5/18/2022 at 7:47 AM, hotchilli said:
On 5/17/2022 at 6:06 PM, snoop1130 said:

The repairman, however, deleted all of the Facebook posts about the air-conditioning service later and allegedly fled.

So Thai...

There's a television series in the UK about fake British tradesmen scamming British people out of home repairs and the like in Britain. They tend to disappear as soon as they've made enough money and before they get caught.

So British...

On 5/18/2022 at 10:38 AM, swm59nj said:

I’m wondering who you can trust.  The air conditioner in my bedroom has been not cooling properly.  It is almost two years old.  it is a major brand in Thailand which I won’t mention.  And they were contacted and sent their technicians to diagnose and repair it.

They come here a number of times again tomorrow.  Still not working properly.  Will not maintain temperature running long term.

First time technicians said nothing wrong after only turning it on for about 15 minutes.   A week later chief technician comes out.  An engineer from the company recommends changing circuit board and temperature sensor.  Still not running properly.  Two weeks later a manager comes .  Checks system for leaks.  Says no leaks but refrigerant is low and replaced it. Still not running properly. A  week later another tech comes out.  Says evaporator unit  is leaking and needs to be replaced . They replaced evaporator.  But still not running properly especially long term. So tomorrow manager comes back with an engineer.

They only charged for one service call and the sensor and circuit board but nothing else.  It’s like a comedy show.

I can do it.
You can trust me.
I am a respected ASEAN now member.

Send me 6000 baht travelling fee and I will leave soon. Promise.

48 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

There's a television series in the UK about fake British tradesmen scamming British people out of home repairs and the like in Britain. They tend to disappear as soon as they've made enough money and before they get caught.

So British...

There are still some British tradesmen in the UK? 

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

So British...

So worldly

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

So British...

I heard that happens in Thailand fairly often but no T.V. series about it.

So Thai...

• 1 year later...

as many, 1/ dont know what they doing 2/ hope for easy fix and money 3/ just change this or that and hope and in the end you pay for all unessesary parts anyways, easy, hell, even main brand auto do it, in fact T and S and B are all proven to do this, seems the go getter small guy shops know better than the big authorised dealers...  same goes for bikes... its oppisote to western countries...

• 2 weeks later...

Has it ever worked properly? If you send me the make and model, room dimensions including window size unless just standard and any heat loads in room if any, plus wall construction and direction faced and I will check size. (I am a retired HVACR engineer).

My wife's Brother owns a very reputable A/C service company and is an official  panasonic/ mitsubishi service agent in BKK. Some A/C models have specific known faults and he may be able to advise. It is hard to analyse from afar but will give it a go of you pm me with detail. No charge of course.

Edited by Hugh Cow

Why would anybody give money to a guy on facebook who was not personally recommended or runs and official business?

If people want to save money and take shortcuts, then they shouldn't be surprised when this doesn't work - the risk is high. 

42 minutes ago, Hugh Cow said:

Has it ever worked properly? If you send me the make and model, room dimensions including window size unless just standard and any heat loads in room if any, plus wall construction and direction faced and I will check size. (I am a retired HVACR engineer).

My wife's Brother owns a very reputable A/C service company and is an official  panasonic/ mitsubishi service agent in BKK. Some A/C models have specific known faults and he may be able to advise. It is hard to analyse from afar but will give it a go of you pm me with detail. No charge of course.

Could you give the contact for the Mitsu service, PM if you don't want to put it in public thanks. Had them before from Suk area but 4 turn up!