Female Russian tourist testifies against 37-year-old suspect who allegedly assaulted her

snoop1130

281207221_5391044030916487_954574578877135661_n-696x392.jpg

PHOTO: บริษัท โสภณ เคเบิ้ล ที.วี.และสื่อสาร พัทยา จำกัด

A female Russian tourist who was reportedly brutally assaulted on May 18th testified against a 37-year-old suspect while police filed additional charges.

Pol. Col. Sorot Iamsaard recently gave the latest update on the horrifying assault on a Russian tourist today, May 23rd. According to the officer, Ms. Elena (last name withheld) had provided positive testimony and the identification of her attacker, saying that while she was jogging on the night of May 18th at the Mabprachan reservior, the 37-year-old suspect, Kantheepob Thanachotsomboon, approached her from behind and tried to drag her into the woods to sexually abuse her.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

However, the victim fought back and smashed the suspect’s face with a hard object before running away and calling for help.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/05/23/update-female-russian-tourist-testifies-against-37-year-old-suspect-who-allegedly-assaulted-her-suspect-back-in-custody/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-05-23

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Like 2

There must be DNA evidence if the police did the job correctly in the processing the scene and also he admitted to a string of attacks to relieve stress…

for him to be let go b/c of lack of testimony is absolutely ridiculous - an embarrassment by law enforcement 

• Like 2

So he admits the assault as he was stressed and that's how he relieves himself. Then the next day she says she can't confirm it was him and he is released. Then the day after that she testifies that it was him after all and the police who released him invite him back for a chat.

Okay. Together with a headline today about someone walking into a hospital and stealing an x-ray machine, don't you just love Thailand? Every day something to laugh about. Life in the lunatic asylum continues along its merry way....

• Like 2

''However, the victim fought back and smashed the suspect’s face with a hard object before running away and calling for help.''

Well done that woman ... excellent!

10 hours ago, mancub said:

Do we know the occupation of this "suspect" ? Just curious !

his name is Kantheephop Thanachotsomboon.

As I recall he is a civil servant. He drove his work car, which had the government registration. I have tried to find a link to article from the time of his first arrest on 19 or 20.05, but I can't see it anymore, so please don't treat my memory as a valid source. Usually occupation is disclosed, as in case of his victim, who is a teacher.

The last picture showing his tattooed body - possibly criminal past, even if never was charged for any crimes before. There are some symbols. I think they have significance hence reason why police made this picture public

https://www.newsdirectory3.com/a-young-man-who-attacked-a-russian-woman-was-caught-in-a-blood-bath-while-jogging-at-the-reservoir/ 

Edited by internationalism

10 hours ago, internationalism said:

his name is Kantheephop Thanachotsomboon.

As I recall he is a civil servant. He drove his work car, which had the government registration. I have tried to find a link to article from the time of his first arrest on 19 or 20.05, but I can't see it anymore, so please don't treat my memory as a valid source. Usually occupation is disclosed, as in case of his victim, who is a teacher.

The last picture showing his tattooed body - possibly criminal past, even if never was charged for any crimes before. There are some symbols. I think they have significance hence reason why police made this picture public

https://www.newsdirectory3.com/a-young-man-who-attacked-a-russian-woman-was-caught-in-a-blood-bath-while-jogging-at-the-reservoir/ 

Thanks, I remember seeing something about the car registration plate and idly wondered if it was linked to  his un-disclosed  occupation.