Quality of Hafele appliances in Thailand?

Do you have any experience with Hafele appliances in Thailand?

It seems they have a good reputation for quality and a good reputation for service in Thailand.

As far as I know Häfele is a German company but it seems in Germany they don't sell any appliances. That makes me think why they sell appliances here but not in Germany or Europe. 

What is your experience with them?

3 hours ago, Halfaboy said:

Hafele is from Germany. No need to say more....

They are well known in Germany for hinges and things like that.

But they don't compete with their appliances in the German market. I wonder why. 

I do not have any experience with their appliances, but I have used their hinges and whatnot, and the quality seemed pretty good for the money, but certainly not really high-end stuff.

As I remember, their "plant" is off the Trad-Road out past the "new" airport. It's not very big, but maybe it's just a warehouse. 

What appliances are you looking at? Looking at the price and product, they probably just have there name stuck on someone else's stuff.

Do yourself a favor and go and look at stuff, and handle it. 

21 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I do not have any experience with their appliances, but I have used their hinges and whatnot, and the quality seemed pretty good for the money, but certainly not really high-end stuff.

As I remember, their "plant" is off the Trad-Road out past the "new" airport. It's not very big, but maybe it's just a warehouse. 

What appliances are you looking at? Looking at the price and product, they probably just have there name stuck on someone else's stuff.

Do yourself a favor and go and look at stuff, and handle it. 

Thanks, I will look at stuff and handle it before I buy it.

But obviously it is also a good idea to listen to the experience of others.

We have a Hafele equipment.... ( oven / Hob cooker / hood )... 

Its all fine... 

I’d put it on a par with Electrolux and good notch above MEX for electrical appliances. 

I suspect you are asking because you popped into a HomePro and seen all the Hafele cookers, ovens, hoods that they have on show.

What you see is what you get - just like Electrolux. Nothing amazing, but its not rubbish either.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Thanks, I will look at stuff and handle it before I buy it.

But obviously it is also a good idea to listen to the experience of others.

My father always said: "Don't ask someone that HAS one, ask someone that HAD one. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bangkokhatter said:

Their appliances are fine and i would say mid range.

You should visit their HQ just off Sukhumvit 64. Has a nice showroom showing off all their kitchen range that has some great ideas. 

I will do exactly that in the next days.

Because soon they will have a big clearance sale. Then I know already what I want to buy (hopefully at least).

https://www.hafelethailand.com/

48 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I suspect you are asking because you popped into a HomePro and seen all the Hafele cookers, ovens, hoods that they have on show.

Actually no.

I looked at several websites from shops and Hafele was one of the brands where I recognized the name.

Then I spoke with two Thai people who are professionally involved in renovations. And they told me they have very good experience with Hafele products and service.

They also told me that i.e. they don't recommend Bosch. Not that Bosch is a bad brand. But it seems the service and availability of spare parts in Thailand is not as good as it should be.

Obviously it is not a good idea to follow just the advice of two people. This is why I ask here... 

Considering that these products aren't sold in Germany, I would assume that they licensed their name to another company, and this other company is producing appliances for the asian market using the name Häfele. So it has nothing to do with "German quality", probably none of the work is done in Germany.

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Actually no.

I looked at several websites from shops and Hafele was one of the brands where I recognized the name.

Then I spoke with two Thai people who are professionally involved in renovations. And they told me they have very good experience with Hafele products and service.

They also told me that i.e. they don't recommend Bosch. Not that Bosch is a bad brand. But it seems the service and availability of spare parts in Thailand is not as good as it should be.

Obviously it is not a good idea to follow just the advice of two people. This is why I ask here... 

Ah ok....  Agree on the Bosch comment....  Pretty much any electronic item fails at some point... 

The types which are most prominent locally seems to be the better options. 

It’s worth popping down to home-pro and having a look at the various products on offer. 

You can get a feel for how solid things are, but the quality of electronics are another matter. 

I only don’t like MEX stuff because a condo I rented had Mex stuff which didn’t seem so solid and went wrong a couple of times.  

I think someone would have to be fairly unlucky for something to fail with Electrolux and Hafele within 5 years. 

• Like 1

Hafele Thailand is a subsidiary of Hafele Holdings.

The showroom is well worth going to for ideas for different types of rooms, including for the elderly generation as well as for many other item such as lighting, locks, etc. SCG Experience at CDC is also good for ideas for the home, although by no means as varied as Hafele's showroom.

If you are looking for oven, hob, hood, etc, Hafele has a reasonable selection, including Bertazzoni brand which is more expensive and depending upon the person maybe more stylish than Hafele. We wanted and chose a stylish and efficient hood and 3 years ago what Hafele had was not so appealing, so we chose over, micro, hob and hood from a well know European company that has been established in Thailand for many years. Aesthetics, functionality, after sales service, etc are more important to us than price for something that we are using and looking at every day.

Go to kitchen showrooms from low to high end, condo showrooms, etc. We all have different ideas on design, quality, service

• Like 1