Anyone for a "round of golf"? These kids are sure to clean up!

6pm.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

77kaoded reported from Nam Sut Wilai Prachasan school in Lopburi where the children set off before the flag ceremony each morning and at lunchtime with golf bags. 

But the nice bags don't contain putters and drivers and irons - they are full of spades, brooms, hoes, rakes and other tools.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

6pm1.jpg

The children at the 303 pupil school (kindergarten to M3) are being encourage to keep their school clean and tidy every day. 

Teachers managed to acquire the bags that were not being used at a military course and are now being put to good use. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-05-26

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

S__1630230-1024x576.jpg

S__1630231-1024x768.jpg

9 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Another 'publicity puff' pretending to be a story for a dreadful,  elitist sport that despoils the environment and robs  the community  of water and land.

I'm guessing you don't play golf... Just a guess.  

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Another 'publicity puff' pretending to be a story for a dreadful,  elitist sport that despoils the environment and robs  the community  of water and land.

Many golfers have come from humble beginnings. The sport provides communities with many employment opportunities.

The military course I play on has about 100 caddies. They harvest wild vegetables, fungi and fruit from the bush and trees lining the fairways. Free food.

I'm not sure how a golf course despoils the environment, the greenery is sucking carbon dioxide out of the air.

Pretty obvious you hate golf, my guess is you tried to play, and were utterly incompetent at it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Many golfers have come from humble beginnings. The sport provides communities with many employment opportunities.

The military course I play on has about 100 caddies. They harvest wild vegetables, fungi and fruit from the bush and trees lining the fairways. Free food.

I'm not sure how a golf course despoils the environment, the greenery is sucking carbon dioxide out of the air.

Pretty obvious you hate golf, my guess is you tried to play, and were utterly incompetent at it.

For sure Tiger Woods didn't come from an elitist family.