Driver uninjured after a piece of flying tire hits his windshield

snoop1130

RlxRgZFNcRvnmttR_155258-666x420.jpg

PHOTO: Jaru Suksri / Top News

A 26-year-old driver emerged uninjured after a piece of flying tire hit his windshield, causing serious damage, while he was driving in the Sri Racha district.

Mr. Nattawat Yossaboonrueng, 26, told The Pattaya News, “Earlier this week I was driving on the Bypass Road in Surasak sub-district. The pickup truck in front of me swerved to avoid something on the road before that same something hit my windshield.”

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/05/26/driver-uninjured-after-a-piece-of-flying-tire-hits-his-windshield-causing-serious-damage-while-driving-in-sri-racha/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-05-26

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

I had that happen in the U.S. when a slab of ice came off the top of an 18 wheel truck.  I had the same size break, but smack dab in the middle of the windshield.  I was lucky it hit flat, not on edge. I was doing over 100 kph on the highway. Scary. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

I had that happen in the U.S. when a slab of ice came off the top of an 18 wheel truck.  I had the same size break, but smack dab in the middle of the windshield.  I was lucky it hit flat, not on edge. I was doing over 100 kph on the highway. Scary. 

I had a 450 pound deer try to break mine.. that was fun.

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Thai maintenance of vehicles is shocking

Yes that's true but tyre debris on the road due to a blowout happens all over the world, its just that as you say, poor maintenance , accompanied with complete disregard for ensuring that the tyres fitted  are fit for purpose, means Thailand's roads appear to be more littered with such debris then many other places, certainly from my experience anyway. 

3 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Yesterday it was a piece of scrap iron; have they stopped sweeping the streets?

Its the motorbikes that cause most damage to windscreens on Thai roads ????

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I had a 450 pound deer try to break mine.. that was fun.

I've had several family members hit a deer, though small ones.  My wife borrowed my company car and hit one to the tune of about $3000, USD and that was 25 years ago. (Of course, I was driving ????).  In Loei years ago, I saw the aftermath of a pickup truck and water buffalo crash.  Both were totaled.

• Like 1

A troll post has been removed:

The Asean Now News Team gathers and disseminates news bulletins from Thai and International sources, and republishes them in the News Forums for our members' information and enjoyment. Our News Team works hard to bring quality content to the News Forums, and should be respected for their efforts.

Comments such as "slow news day" or "clickbait headline" are neither respectful nor welcome on the forum, and will be considered as troll comments and removed and the offending poster warned and/or suspended accordingly.

13 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Thai maintenance of vehicles is shocking

What a stupid, as usual anti Thai comment.
As an Aussie, I can testify to "blowouts" not through lack of maintenance etc. but through climate and junk on the road and road conditions.