Helmet Advice Please

My 21 year old stepson just got a small electric bike for use in and around Chiang Mai.  I gave up bikes years ago when Index was about the only brand available and my impression was that they were more or less considered compliance accessories to avoid fines.  A lightweight helmet came with the bike, but it's clear that something better is required.

Suggestions for a decent quality open or full face helmet comfortable and safe enough for urban use under about 60kph would be much appreciated.  The budget is about 2000 baht.

One can do 60 kph downhill on a bicycle. Unless he wants to look like a motorcyclist.

Compromise? A BMX helmet?

In CM I've only been to Helmet Shop https://goo.gl/maps/cnMJpViGjjsUGEDU7 whether they have anything that cheap i don't know. But he will have to go "bricks and mortar" to get a correct fit.

Edited by VocalNeal

I suggest let him select the helmet. Maybe he wants some cool color or that latest in-brand.

The most important thing is that he wears a helmet at all. If you buy one for him which he doesn't really like then maybe he won't wear it - at lest when you are not looking...

• Like 1

At 60kph I recommend an open face helmet for sure, you can get some wind in the face..., far easier to put on and more comfy than a full face, Index ID Venom has flip up sun visor too, about 1250b I think...